Why can't I carve?

Discussion in 'Ski School' started by Captain Furious, Dec 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalG

CalG Out on the slopes Skier

Some mis information is being cast about here.
    My Head WC boots of more than 20 years experience are as useful today as they were when first new. I ski every day, with no issue.

The latest is not indication of better.

Trying the suggestions of a pro instructor might help, but then they might not. With the background of the OP, it may be better to experiment on ones own.
    In skiing, there is no substitute for mileage!

François Pugh likes this.
  2. ScotsSkier

ScotsSkier USSA Coach Pugski Ski Tester Industry Insider

3. oldschoolskier

oldschoolskier Out on the slopes Skier

Sad to say, while the same there is a difference and it is enough that it can mess you up.

To be fair I went it alone BUT I had a few very good skiers I could mimic to get the differences and I was looking for them. Without them I would not have made the change easily.

Going from new to old I feel is easy for a good skier as the newer timing and technique works on the old, just requires more effort. The reverse though old to new does require adjustment to take full advantage of the performance of the new shapes and yes it is primarily timing (providing you have all the skills). So unless you skied old school (extremely well) first, you just don’t have the knowledge base to draw on to instruct the change.

ScotsSkier likes this.
  4. Philpug

Philpug Enjoying being back on two skis. Admin Pugski Ski Tester

Sorry, but this is far from "Ski talk at a higher level". I would expect this thread in the heat of the summer when there is cabin fever. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.