• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Why Buy when you can Rent...

skiki

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'm fine with the neck gaiter and base layers since those are easily washed between rentals. Goggles and gloves are a different story.

Henry

Out on the slopes
Skier
For when the airline loses your luggage, or I forgot to pack ski pants, or the once a year family trip with the kids taller each year---it can make sense.

On a fly trip to Banff--great rentals including clothing. The smaller planes can carry more skiers than they can carry skier luggage. They're either maxed out space-wise or weight-wise, and some luggage comes in the next night. The airline paid for the rentals.

Coach13

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I’ll pass on rental clothes, base or otherwise. I always carry on my shell pants, jacket, boots and helmet to avoid the baggage screwups that are so common.

Seldomski

All words are made up
Skier
I think I'll rent some base layers for three weeks and see if they let me keep them at the end... :roflmao:

Seriously though, I think this is a great option for a family that is skiing for the first time.

TS
Ken_R

Ken_R

Living the Dream
Skier
Buying ski clothing for first timers can be both expensive and confusing. This kinda helps make an already expensive sport a bit more accesible.

Sponsor

Staff online