• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who's still skiing Renoun?

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
As the title suggests, who's still out there that's skiing the Renoun line up? I've had my Atlas 80's for 4 seasons now and I'm happy to report they're still going strong. I've had my share of complaints with them but if I'm being honest, they've performed admirably. They carve very well, they've been great in bumps, I've taken them off trail on occasion and while there were moments where I thought "I'd prefer to be on ski X in these exact conditions", I typically found myself pretty satisfied. It's the ski I typically reach for when I don't know what to expect (which could be swayed by the fact that its not one I care the most about) and more often than not it doesn't let me down. Can't say I was wowed by construction initially, in fact I was fairly vocal about my disdain for the termination points of the edges at the shovel... but again they look no worse today than they did 3 years ago. Edge hold could be better, and its certainly no Stockli AX... but at 2/3 the price, I think the performance and quality is appropriate.

Realizing this is making me wonder about the Endurance line up. I'd been considering picking up a Stormrider 88 this season but with the continual realization that I've got mid 80's carving/performance covered (Montero AR), I'm thinking if I'm going up to 88mm width it might as well be for a ski that's more on the "playful" end of the performance <-> playful scale.

Anyone been a long time user of the Citadel?

SlideWright

aka Alpinord
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Supporter
Similar for me with the Atlas on your description. They're my go to, especially this season with not a lot of storms. They do handle a lot of terrain better than you'd think. I started w/the Z90s and after getting the Endurance 98s had too much overlap. My son has the Z90s and loves the 'no speed limit' on those. The Endurance 88s would be overlap the Atlas where the 98s broaden the range. Not sure on current generation, but I moved my mount back 3cms due to tip diving in stiffer snows. They are very playful in crud and bumps, carve well and and definitely a fun all-mountain ski for me, until the snow gets over a foot or so.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I still have my Z90's, and while I dont ski them a lot, when I do I really enjoy them. Spring skiing in the East , theyre perfect. I take them out west with me when the snow isnt there. I had some endurance 98's, but while I really liked them in soft snow, i didnt so much in the firmer stuff

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
New Endurance 98, old 98, Earhart 88, New Endurance 88 and New Citadel and old Citadel. Sold the Z90s but have access to another one. And the Citadel is getting an upgrade next year, so might bite the bullet for that one. The Atlas, I have not been on.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
@PisteOff has or had a fleet of Renouns. I dont know if he's still using them. @ADKmel still has a Z90 in her quiver I believe and @AKMINK has a Z90 but has just got back on snow after almost two years after a knee injury. She may take them out sometime soon.

firebanex

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My Citadels are going great as my occasional use touring ski. I don't really see a need to change that ski quiver slot for anything else.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
Yes I'm still skiing my Z-90's love the ski, it may be getting worn out I have a lot of days on them, maybe over 200? They are my go to trusty skis, go anywhere do anything and no speed limit. :) I'm probably going to replace them with the renoun 88's. I've thought about the atlas but still loving my liberty V76W'S and I have a back up brand new pair of them. Just did demo day Atomic maven was nice the 86 without carbon was 169 length, skied well. The maven with carbon was nice but too short for me.

nemesis256

Patrick
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I have the Earhart which I love for bumps and trees due to how easy they are to turn. Not the most engaging on groomers though. I'm disappointed they discontinued it as of this season. I contacted them about that and they claim the Endurance 88 are very similar. But of course they would say that, they want to sell more skis. I'm not sure how true that is since they are a fair bit heavier.

chilehed

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've got the Endurance 88's and love them in all conditions.

SBrown

So much better than a pro
Skier
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Just skied Endurance 88s, and I use Citadels for touring. I also have a pair of Endurance 104s in my car that I just bought at consignment; they aren't for me, but I could not let them sit there any longer.

Pat AKA mustski

It’s no Secret! It’s a Ranger!
Ski Diva Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I just got back on my Z90s while in Big Bear for a few days and really had a blast on the groomers. They don't compare in spring snow, soft snow, or off piste with my Secrets but they are fun on hard corduroy.

Jim Kenney

Travel Correspondent
Team Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I have a pair of Endurance 98s that I like in spring snow and mid-winter days with moderate amounts of fresh powder. I was on them two days this week in Utah.
20240214_104343.jpg

Last edited:

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Still have mine. Unfortunately my Z90's took a beating this early season. Very low snow obstacles. They already had a ton of days on them. I am more comfortable on the Z90's than any other ski I have ever owned or skied. Ever. As I've mentioned to some on here, I will ski my Z90's until the bases are gone. Depending on the day and I'm either on my Z 90's or my Endurance 98 v3's. For me, the v3's are really good all over the mountain and better in the bumps than the Z90's. The v3's and the current 98's do not feel or ski the same. My Citadel's are original. As in 1 of the 1st sent out. I mounted those with some shifts to be my backcountry setup but occasionally get used inbounds when conditions are right.

Days I'm not working I also spend time on my CT 2.0's in deeper snow and it's definitely my go to bump ski. Sorry, I guess that comment belongs in one of those never ending threads :beercheer:

TS
J

Jeronimo

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just skied Endurance 88s, and I use Citadels for touring. I also have a pair of Endurance 104s in my car that I just bought at consignment; they aren't for me, but I could not let them sit there any longer.
Are the 88's double rockered?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January