• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Hey since it seems that the ski vibe is just starting to kick in (seems like Heat Miser was going to win) I was wondering what folks are planning on buying? Ski's, boots, jackets/pants, helmets- No gear just life changing powder chasing trips??? Lets hear it

I'll kick it off- picked up another Stio Environ shell and pants. Review coming. Damn nice stuff. Ski's- eying up a pair of Stockli 88's if I can sell my 95's. Pret Hemet. Trips? Hmm, depends, waiting to hear if Steadman Philippon wants to revise my right hip for fun but it would be cool to get back to JHole....

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Skis - Down Countdown 104Ls. Countdowns are their all-mountain bread and butter, the L is their lightweight layup, coming in at <1600g per ski. Like all Down skis its a hybrid carbon layup and very reasonably priced.

Skins - Contour Hybrids. These are coming with the Downs cut to size. Interested to try these out, lots of good reviews on their unique glue tech which makes them way less of a pain to pull apart.

Trip - Awaiting guide to finalize dates, then I'm ready to pull the trigger on flying to Zurich and training down to ski the Urner Haute Route in mid-late march. 5 or 6 day, hut-to-hut tour in the Swiss Alps. Here's a Salomon flick on it:

Last edited:

Johnny V.

Half Fast Hobby Racer
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bought the IKON Pass and the local Bristol pass, bought two pairs of skis last year (Atomic G9 cheaters and Stockli SR88) and a new POC FIS helmet, at this point just a matter of planning our eastern and western ski trips. Although if a steal on something drops in my lap, I'll always take a look.

Reactions: Ron

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
Skis, as soon as I can demo. Picked up a new helmet at the sample sale last weekend. Need to replace a pair of pants that have rips in them. Or send them out for repair. Rips are at the bottom of one leg. Too sharpe edges it looks like!! Can't send till I hear if the posties are going on strike or not!

Ikon pass bought last spring.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Kulkea Thermal Trekker bags for two are on the way. @AKMINK got new Head Vector 110S RS W boots. I'm constantly looking for new jackets and bibs though what I have seems to work. Waiting for all the new boots to hit the shelves to replace my Cochises. IKON and Mt. Rose passes in the bag.

Doug Briggs

"Douche Bag Local"
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Atomic Shift bindings. Don't know what they are going on...

Trying my damnedest to get on a trip. Somewhere.

I'd like to make it to MT

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Bought Armada Victa 87ti this past summer, still need bindings for them, not sure what I'll get.
Will most likely be getting new boots because of foot surgery. I have Lange XT 110LV, and I like them, but the liner is way too tight in the toes.
I bought a couple of smart wool base layers at the end of last season and I also bought a Flylow vest.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Atomic Shift bindings. Don't know what they are going on...
]

How about a neo-retro setup, like onto a pair of R:EX es?

PROs:
With the fiberglass cap, the R:EX was way light for how burly it was; it's a Daron Rahlves allusion coming and going, and with a fabricated cap plate hosting inserts you can make the SHIFT demountable for other skis.

CONs:
You'll lose the glowthrough "This way to corn!" sun tips when you put skin attachment on.

Last edited:

green26

Putting on skis
Skier
Sadly all I needed gear-wise was a pair of liner gloves and an extra lens for my goggles. also Mountain Collective pass for Mammoth, Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin and Taos. House rental for Taos late February.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I posted too soon :huh: :roflmao:
Just returned from a local shop tent sale with a pair of Elans for my granddaughter..... Boots and poles next.
View media item 2878
I think we'll all be making additional posts as time, bargains, and perceived needs allow!

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not surprising Stio is showing up amongst folks here. I’m having a hard time walking past their displays.

Just planning on a pair of SR-88-s. Ever since I got on the new ones last spring I’ve reserved a spot for them in the now hard to crack quiver.

Also 3 sets of SW base layers. Zip neck tops, 250 weight this time. Getting old and cold.

I also got this. Planning on going full teenage boy this winter. AM summer and winter wheels are in the selection process.

D503936B-3743-414E-A5B2-EC3AD962B598.jpeg

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Skis:
-ON3P Wren 108’s

Boots:
-Tecnica Cochise 130

West Trips:
-GT/JH over Xmas to visit my buddies son who works at GT.

-CO at end of Feb to visit a friend who lives in Leadville and works for the “evil empire”.

Sponsor

Staff online