• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
I feel it's much of a preferential thing. Wearing conservative colors is some people's jam and that's cool. I have to wear black pants when I teach so when I'm not teaching I like bright and bold colors. My ski pants are bright orange and purple and the other pair is purple and black flowers with a white backdrop. Skittle it up, life is short.

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
I've had plenty of "skittle" periods in my skiing lifetime. I was there in the late '80s early '90s for the neon period. But I remember after I had moved to Florida for college that when I went on my annual pilgrimage to Utah in the mid to late '90s that my previous neon wardrobe made me stick out like a sore thumb. I'm still recovering from the psychological damage... ;)

Chef23

Getting on the lift
Skier
I already bought a pair of Head iRallys and am thinking about new boots as well. Everything I have is at least 10 years old so I am due. Plus my kids are both in college this year so I will have more time to ski when I am not going to my son's hockey games. Plus my son is at UVM so I can go visit him and get some skiing in.

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've bought bold colors for both myself and my son. It makes it easier to find each other at distance, in the snow, and in the trees. It's not so bad anymore because the young man is now pretty capable on the slopes but when he was younger I used to get that horrible feeling in my gut when I couldn't spot him.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My Boston Red Sox warm up jacket is so bright red it's obnoxious. I'm wearing it now and hoping I'll want to wear it all fall and maybe even on the slopes. My friends would have no problem finding me in it but they would probably try and avoid me.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Seeing this jacket color you posted seems to say "no, there are still bright colors out on the slopes".

I think the trend is to more muted colors, but I personally prefer Skittles - much easier to find. The dark pink jacket I'm wearing in my profile pic is disappointingly muted, for my tastes.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
My Boston Red Sox warm up jacket is so bright red it's obnoxious. I'm wearing it now and hoping I'll want to wear it all fall and maybe even on the slopes. My friends would have no problem finding me in it but they would probably try and avoid me.
For me it's a Cubs jacket over a hoodie. I do have to laugh though. On our mountain at least we get a lot of young folks that wear sports jerseys over their jackets. IMHO it kind of goofy looking.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
For me it's a Cubs jacket over a hoodie. I do have to laugh though. On our mountain at least we get a lot of young folks that wear sports jerseys over their jackets. IMHO it kind of goofy looking.
Yeah it's completely goofy looking and juvenile. I'm going to do it anyways and I hope you do too. As we get older we should at times celebrate immaturity.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Last year just before the Super Bowl, we were skiing at Killington. There was a pre-teenish boy skiing with his Eagles jersey looking a little gun shy among all the Patriot's jerseys, jackets, and hats, so we skied over and told him we were from Philadelphia as well. Even though he didn't know we're not Eagles' fans, it made him smile.

TS
Ron

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
Colors are regionally dependent ogsmile Seriously though it does depend on where you ski and what you ski. Everyone likes a uniform. It makes it easier to identify which herd we belong to. :roflmao:

Steamboat for instance has two colors, dark and bland. Feel free to mix and match as desired.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Every day is retro day at Mt. Rose.
bomber-80s-90s-shellsuit-colorful-bomber+jacket-windbreaker.jpeg

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
The football jerseys I understand to a certain extent. They actually have sleeves, It's the basketball wife beaters that make me snicker.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I've bought bold colors for both myself and my son. It makes it easier to find each other at distance, in the snow, and in the trees. It's not so bad anymore because the young man is now pretty capable on the slopes but when he was younger I used to get that horrible feeling in my gut when I couldn't spot him.

Similar approach here. I have a bright red FRS jacket so my son can spot me easily and we both have red helmets. He likes black and dark blue jackets but I'm working on him getting something brighter.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Copied and pasted from my “Journey” Thread:

Today was a a very enlightening experience. So @Mrs. 53 and I go into Park City to get ZipFit liners and heaters for our boots. She goes first and gets in the funky socks for the 3D machine. Very cool technology, of course she is in the wrong boots (I knew that the day she got “fitted” for them). So first it is a new shell that fits her foot. Turns out to be a cool all white Nordica Pro Machine 105 W that was a perfect fit. Then the footpads/orthotics which were custom made on a machine and finally the ZipFits. of course the alignment came next, Her left knee was 2* off and her boot is getting a wedge.

My boots it turns out were perfect for me (yeah mine were fitted by the Nordica Rep) and they needed a slight punch below both inside ankles. Same thing, did the orthotics and the ZipFits.... Then the alignment... OMG is all I can say. I must have been a cowboy in a previous life. Both of my knees were 3* off outside of neutral. It was an amazing feeling to feel properly lined up, and I can’t begin to imagine how it will make a difference on the slopes.

Note: @Lorenzzo is both a good and a bad influence

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier

Yes, he was proudly sporting it today

Go Sox