• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Every day is retro day at Mt. Rose.
View attachment 56056
And you thought I was kidding.
20181019_090139.jpg

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So far in the off season I have picked up.......
1 Pair of these
View media item 23722 Sets of these
View media item 2877and 1 Pair of these
View media item 2876

Almost exactly my set up, though I bought my Tecnica Mach 1 120 LV’s last season. And the Tyrolia Aaaaaaattack demo’s were also purchased last season but not mounted until I acquired my Z 90’s arrived in September.

I think I’m going to have to hold off on other purchases this season. Might pick up a Smith I/O7 Chromapop Storm Yellow Flash lens to go along with the photochromatic lens I use most of the time.

The major purchase I want to make is an ON3P Billy Goat and another set of Aattack 13 demo’s to go on them. But these things cost money, that’s the problem with everything.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
This is more a pub. service announcement than a purchase announcement. Just picked up one of these at Costco. Seems like a decent deal but didn’t vet price or performance which I’m gonna do to determine whether I’ll keep it.

I like being able to run non-heated air.

Did that woman photobomb me?

DB88FA93-515A-4239-9B4A-A475CAEF8C12.jpeg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
This is more a pub. service announcement than a purchase announcement. Just picked up one of these at Costco. Seems like a decent deal but didn’t vet price or performance which I’m gonna do to determine whether I’ll keep it.

View attachment 56484

At first glance, by perspective, I thought these were some sort of human-height art.

Then I thought they might be penetrative toys.

Then I decided that the tops of two of them would be rather uncomfortable.

Then I scrolled down and saw that it was a boot dryer.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At first glance, by perspective, I thought these were some sort of human-height art.

Then I scrolled down and saw that it was a boot dryer.
Only now am I beginning to understand the look on the photobombing woman’s face.

It is an ominous looking thing in that photo. And I’ve been driving around with it in my truck.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier

View attachment 56484

I’m just glad your spending YOUR money and not mine!!!

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Seems like a decent deal but didn’t vet price or performance which I’m gonna do to determine whether I’ll keep it.

Good price. Usually runs about $70. Works OK. Have to invert the boot onto the dryer tubes. Can be tipsy. Pretty tight spacing for two pairs. Doesn't pack well for air travel. OK if you are driving.

Sniff bait, swims away.
No way I'm touching that. :D

JeffB

ODAT
Skier
Unlikely I’m buying anything significant this year, as I had to order this week a new farmhouse dining room table with benches and chairs - was informed by Mrs JeffB that my plan to host Thanksgiving in our new house with folding card tables was some combination of poor and/or stupid, though the words she actually used were quite different.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Unlikely I’m buying anything significant this year, as I had to order this week a new farmhouse dining room table with benches and chairs - was informed by Mrs JeffB that my plan to host Thanksgiving in our new house with folding card tables was some combination of poor and/or stupid, though the words she actually used were quite different.

I got a fancy pants dining table earlier this year to replace the old hand me down I'd had for two decades. It really does make meals more festive to have that sort of table.

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, I thought I wouldn't be buying much this year but a 50% off code (code is SPECIAL if anyone wants to use it between now and October 29) from Eddie Bauer got me. I have really really liked my shells I got from them last year so adding this to the jacket quiver.

upload_2018-10-25_12-23-55.png

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier
Well, I thought I wouldn't be buying much this year but a 50% off code (code is SPECIAL if anyone wants to use it between now and October 29) from Eddie Bauer got me. I have really really liked my shells I got from them last year so adding this to the jacket quiver.

View attachment 56551

This only gets a "pass" because we can find it in the Skittles package... ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

Brian Finch

Privateer Skier @ www.SkiWithaGrimRipper.com
Industry Insider
Not for me, but 3 people are getting fresh Moment Bibbys. Including one PugSkier.... View attachment 56585

Somehow I sense the universe is speaking to me. Not only have I been ‘downsizing’ my quiver, but it occurred with the tan top sheets I was after in the bunch!

Props / respect / gratitude @jmeb

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
Somehow I sense the universe is speaking to me. Not only have I been ‘downsizing’ my quiver, but it occurred with the tan top sheets I was after in the bunch!

Props / respect / gratitude @jmeb

I know you want to try the 190s. But I'm way bigger than you, and the 184s are a stupid capable ski.

Just passing on the good karma that @Philpug recently sent my way.

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
New boots for the girls:

Attachments

• 1A55DAB4-1D7C-445E-BF30-BAE8BB680316.jpeg
    1A55DAB4-1D7C-445E-BF30-BAE8BB680316.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 279AAE68-375A-4F9E-986E-A9294F3A4978.jpeg
    279AAE68-375A-4F9E-986E-A9294F3A4978.jpeg
    102.8 KB · Views: 5