• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who makes the shell parka I want?

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Making fresh tracks forever on the other side
Instructor
Do you mean "stylish" bibs? My Monique has several pair of "serviceable" insulated bibs.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Do you mean "stylish" bibs? My Monique has several pair of "serviceable" insulated bibs.

The only insulated bibs I could find were by Divas Snow Gear, and their bibs are not easily removable without having to take off your jacket. Could you PM me the brands when you have the opportunity?

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
Wife has three pair of insulated bibs she's worn in all sorts of weather. Two are no-names like Rawik and Waterproof. The third is by White Sierra. None can be lowered without coat removal. I don't see how a bib pant could ever meet that requirement. You'd need an insulated pant that ends at the waist

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Wife has three pair of insulated bibs she's worn in all sorts of weather. Two are no-names like Rawik and Waterproof. The third is by White Sierra. None can be lowered without coat removal. I don't see how a bib pant could ever meet that requirement. You'd need an insulated pant that ends at the waist

My shell bibs have a long zip at the side. I can pull the resulting flap across the back of my body, et voila. Minutes matter on a powder day!

TS
Kneale Brownson

Kneale Brownson

Instructor
My shell bibs have a long zip at the side. I can pull the resulting flap across the back of my body, et voila. Minutes matter on a powder day!

Do you have the same arrangement for your skivvies?:yahoo:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Do you have the same arrangement for your skivvies?:yahoo:

Hah! Just trust me, it all works out. I can manage non-bib pants no problem without taking off my jacket. And my shell bibs. I'm honestly baffled at why this is not an available product.

Mike Thomas

Whiteroom
Industry Insider
I had a customer years ago who couldn't fathom why mogul ski pants weren't still being offered. Do some people want them? Sure, just not enough to create a market.

I want a frontside carving oriented ski that is 190cm+, but I fully understand why I can't buy one from a manufacturer... they'd sell four of them. Sometimes that perfect product for 'us' is not viable in the marketplace... and sometimes it is a business opportunity. If you believe in it strongly enough jump into the biz... it's easy to make a small fotune...

Sponsor