• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who is hauling sleds at "maturity"?

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I'm "getting on", will be 68 when I sign up next season. This year I got runner's up for "sled dog", The 2nd most sleds hauled off the mountain.
Sometimes I feel like most of the crew on a given day are kids.

My knees and overall strength are good. I'm working to increase fitness over the summer. 'looking forward to the years ahead

What about your patrol?

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm "getting on", will be 68 when I sign up next season. This year I got runner's up for "sled dog", The 2nd most sleds hauled off the mountain.

My knees and overall strength are good. I'm working to increase fitness over the summer. 'looking forward to the years ahead

What about your patrol?

I don't patrol, but that sounds awesome. Keep it up "Old" man :) If you don't use it, ya lose it.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Awesome. Keep working at it. Next year you will be top dog!! EXPERIENCE COUNTS!!:golfclap::golfclap:

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Though I've never taken a sled ride (knock on wood :doh: ) I am thankful for those of you who do it with such care, just in case I need that care some day.

Carolinacub

Yes thats a Cubs hat I'm wearing
Skier
Though I've never taken a sled ride (knock on wood :doh: ) I am thankful for those of you who do it with such care, just in case I need that care some day.
Well if you decide to drive that good looking vehicle here to NC I'll do a courtesy ride for you and Phil. That could be the basis for a great article.

stan51

Putting on skis
Skier
Joined my local patrol three years ago as a rookie at 65... Somehow wound up becoming the toboggan trainer, so I have run a lot of sleds, both demonstrating for candidates and with real patients (and the occasional courtesy ride). I spend a lot of time in the gym and on the trails around here in the off season to stay in shape.

TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Staying strong is a real effort.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I'm 68 and as of last season, still running sleds. I'm actually a youngster compared to some of the veterans on our patrol.
Been a senior patroller for 28 yrs. Now 4 days post-op total ankle replacement. Beginning to wonder if I'll ever ski again.

The boots are like casts. Not only you will be skiing this season. You' ll also pick up the pieces when I crash. :roflmao:

:hail:

Jack skis

Ex 207cm VR17 Skier
Skier
Sure you'll ski again, see that tunnel ahead of you with the light at the end? That light is coming from a ski area. Stay strong skibusch. Many of us here on Pugski have returned from traumatic "things" and gotten back on the hill, maybe not at the same level we were when we left, but by damn we did make some more turns, and will continue to make'em as will you.

ZionPow

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm 68 and as of last season, still running sleds. I'm actually a youngster compared to some of the veterans on our patrol.
Been a senior patroller for 28 yrs. Now 4 days post-op total ankle replacement. Beginning to wonder if I'll ever ski again.
Good luck on recovery. If patrolling is in your blood, you will be back!

skibusch

Booting up
Skier
I don't patrol, but that sounds awesome. Keep it up "Old" man :) If you don't use it, ya lose it.
Good luck on recovery. If patrolling is in your blood, you will be back!

What about your patrol?
CalG, Good for you! Yes, they are kids; your kids, my kids, our patrol family kids. Takes a seasoned veteran such as yourself to pass on your knowledge and experience, and let the 'kids' take it from here!

TS
CalG

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
CalG, Good for you! Yes, they are kids; your kids, my kids, our patrol family kids. Takes a seasoned veteran such as yourself to pass on your knowledge and experience, and let the 'kids' take it from here!

Eldest son is a volly here at the same mountain. (High paid engineer in the big city week days)
Youngest is a pro out in South Lake Tahoe .
Daughter is in Montana................ Bridger...

Go figure....;-)

Sponsor