• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Who buys Arcteryx Veilance?

Frankly

Upwind of NY
Pass Pulled
All I can think of is Elon Musk floating by in his electromagnetic hover car... or the CEO dude from ExMachina.

However I haven't hung out in Silicon Valley since the bubble burst in 2000 nor have I been in Vancouver. But do the young and successful alpha technocrats really buy $1400 rain coats?

My goodness, when a simple plain jane $650 rain coat would do just as good a job!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
Cityboys who like to feel they are still core mtn men at heart. Seen a few jetting off to CH of a weekend.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
It has a miserable flop written on it in big bold letters... An outdoor company has to stick to their roots. I hope they just had a bunch of unused fabrics and hardware from pants and decided to have fun. If that's a serious endeavor, someone at the top is not doing their job...

wutangclan

Getting on the lift
Skier
I work part-time at Arcteryx in Whistler/Vancouver. There is no shortage of people buying these at full price, and sadly it's because the rich are getting richer while the rest of us are left behind. The typical customers are CEOs/bankers/lawyers from the Bay Area, London, Mexico City, Beijing, etc. Keep in mind that for this crowd Arcteryx (even Veilance) is quite reasonable compared to luxury brands like Bogner, Kjus, Moncler, etc.

Meanwhile locals are getting Arcteryx at 40-70% off at the sample sales, outlet store in N. Van, or CSIA pro deal. If you walk one block on Robson St you'll see at least 10 people wearing it.

Sponsor