• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Northern Rockies/Alberta Whitefish Mountain Senior Passes

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Do you know if (we) Super Seniors get an actual pass? can apply online?

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Thanks. Just went through the ordering process and all was well until the final "payment" page, where it advised to just click Continue but that didn't work.
Sent a message asking how to proceed. Seems they are fine mailing it to me here in Tokyo (at least the order form accepted that, no problem).
I can always send them a photo of the ID page of my passport for verification if needed. Looking forward to skiing there; hope you'll show me around.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Just received my season pass to Whitefish Mountain Resort, the first actual "season pass" I've ever had!
Bit bummed not to get the 25% early discount tho :roflmao:

Whitepine

Booting up
Skier
Do you know if (we) Super Seniors get an actual pass? can apply online?
Yes, you do get a pass. I tried to get one on line for 2017/18 but couldn't get past the credit card (I declined to give the info since there is no charge) so I sorted it out by phone and picked it up & got photo take on day of arrival. You do need to get a photo taken.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
He mailed them the picture and has the pass in hand.
Thanks. Just went through the ordering process and all was well until the final "payment" page, where it advised to just click Continue but that didn't work.
Sent a message asking how to proceed. Seems they are fine mailing it to me here in Tokyo (at least the order form accepted that, no problem).
I can always send them a photo of the ID page of my passport for verification if needed. Looking forward to skiing there; hope you'll show me around.

Just received my season pass to Whitefish Mountain Resort, the first actual "season pass" I've ever had!
Bit bummed not to get the 25% early discount tho :roflmao:

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Sitting right here on my desk! :wave:

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
Sitting right here on my desk! :wave:

Since the Whitefish season pass is free for age 70+, what is the advantage of getting the sp early? Why not just get the pass when you arrive at Whitefish? That is what I will be doing.

BTW, I will be at Whitefish, skiing on the age 70 free pass, in Feb., a week or two prior to the Big Sky Gathering. If you are there at the same time, lets meet up and ski some runs together.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I'm more likely to be there in March or early February, but if we are there at the same time, definitely let's do some runs and first après beer is on me.
It's quite possible that my itinerary from Tokyo would be via Denver, in which case I could stop off and use my three free ski days at Loveland on the way, which was the reason to get it in advance (or on the way back, of course, but sitting here on the desk it's also an incentive to get on the bike and climb the hill).

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
@LiquidFeet
Since the Whitefish season pass is free for age 70+, what is the advantage of getting the sp early? Why not just get the pass when you arrive at Whitefish? That is what I will be doing.

BTW, I will be at Whitefish, skiing on the age 70 free pass, in Feb., a week or two prior to the Big Sky Gathering. If you are there at the same time, lets meet up and ski some runs together.

I'm more likely to be there in March or early February, but if we are there at the same time, definitely let's do some runs and first après beer is on me.
It's quite possible that my itinerary from Tokyo would be via Denver, in which case I could stop off and use my three free ski days at Loveland on the way, which was the reason to get it in advance (or on the way back, of course, but sitting here on the desk it's also an incentive to get on the bike and climb the hill).
(She asked when you were coming... Hint)

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
This pass discussion was pulled out of the Whitefish Unofficial Guide thread.
Carry on

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
It's no longer free for seniors at Whitefish.
Screenshot_20190402-182049~2.png
@DanoT gave me a heads up about this, but $135 is way more than I expected.

@Pete in Idaho , you missed your chance.

More info:

Resort CEO Dan Graves explained that baby boomers are skiing more than ever, adding new demands on resort infrastructure.

“Whitefish Mountain Resort is home to an extremely active population, and this particular age demographic is healthier and more active than ever and currently represents a growing segment of our skiing population,” said Graves in a press statement. “We are very much in awe of these dedicated skiers, however each year of growth has added to the demands of our facilities. We are happy to continue to offer a deeply discounted product for this group, we just need to ensure our business remains sustainable into the future.”

Last edited:

Talisman

Out on the slopes
Skier
Wow, it pays to shop early for passes at Whitefish! The Big Sky rates ratchet up on April 8th, but early passes aren't 50% off.

Fuller

Semi Local
Skier
I'm not going to complain about spending approx $2.70 a day to ski, but I was looking forward to skiing for free.

They still owe me a free hot chocolate for my 35 freezing minutes on Chair 1.

TS
Jim McDonald

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Damn...but, that's still a terrific deal. Just sorry I didn't have the opportunity to take advantage of mine this fading season.