• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Midwest Whitecap lifts

TS
ED Post

ED Post

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
The new team has definitely been more social media friendly right now.

I see all the lifts are now running. Hope they can make good progress this summer and open for next season.
Social media is a big part of our marketing! It won't stop. They like to keep the base informed. Check out FB!

Dwight

Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Looks like someone gets it at Whitecap. Limited sale for a month $99 season pass.

When I helped with my friend at Norway, I said he needed to do $99 for the first year, because it was shut down for a while. You need foot traffic to get people to come. $349, but help short term, but not long term.

TS
ED Post

ED Post

Skier
Looks like someone gets it at Whitecap. Limited sale for a month $99 season pass.

When I helped with my friend at Norway, I said he needed to do $99 for the first year, because it was shut down for a while. You need foot traffic to get people to come. $349, but help short term, but not long term.
Thanks for the post Duane. I’ll forward to my friend who is at WC. He’s to busy planning to have free time.

GinBuck

What's a mogul?
Skier
Used to go every year until the place went from 70's chic to a dump. Please keep this thread updated with news. We wish to go back once the place shows improvement!

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

Ski4Ever

Skier
IMHO the new owners have priorities backwards. They may have built a nice new bar that looks really good and menu sounds decent, but NO skiing there yet. I think every other place in the midwest is open. Even Wilmot, which is at the IL border is open. I heard from a local friend the main lift just got fixed last week, but no snowmaking yet. With temps below freezing since mid-november this makes no sense.

Nathanvg

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMHO the new owners have priorities backwards. They may have built a nice new bar that looks really good and menu sounds decent, but NO skiing there yet. I think every other place in the midwest is open. Even Wilmot, which is at the IL border is open. I heard from a local friend the main lift just got fixed last week, but no snowmaking yet. With temps below freezing since mid-november this makes no sense.
Yikes, not being open xmas week is a major loss of revenue. It looks like it has been a rough weather year though. The other ironwood region ski areas have much more snowmaking and only limited runs open. I sure hope they open by the 26th, it's the busiest week of the year. If they don't, whitecap might need another new owner.

Beach Bum

Getting off the lift
Skier
This has been one of the least snowy Decembers on record in the Midwest. They need real snow. I can't even imagine what BoHo is like right now, hasn't snowed in weeks, well until today as I think they are under a 3-6" watch.

Dwight

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Last year, Houghton area was a few inches away from a record December. This year, they have a few inches. BOHO not even open yet.

No secret you need great snow making. Hopefully investments can be made in the future for those that have it. (BOHO not included).

Snow is coming, but I'll probably see rain.

Sponsor

Staff online