• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Whistler

Tony

tseeb
Skier
A timeshare trade that I'd been requesting for a least a couple years came through last night for Whistler in the middle of April. Not only will we get to try Spring skiing there, but we overlap the Whistler World Ski and Snowboard Festival. My mid-20s son and a friend, who (like me) paid $90 extra to get 10 days at Whistler by upgrading to Epic Local Pass may be sleeping in living room. It should be fun showing them around if I can get them up in the morning or meet them somewhere on the mountain if they don't.

Note that I have 7 winter ski days at WB between last season when I skied Mon-Thur during the Gathering and the season before (my first time at WB) when I started with a two day steep skiing clinic from Extremely Canadian and then did a third day on my own.

Last edited:

Lofcaudio

Getting off the lift
Skier
My Favorite Whistler/Blackcomb Runs (from intermediate):
1) Peak to Creek
2) Saddle
3) Harmony Ridge/Harmony Piste
4) Adagio/Jeff's Ode to Joy
5) 7th Heaven (all of it)
6) Springboard
7) Buzzcut
8) Jersey Cream
9) Ridge Runner
10) Blackcomb Glacier

Just to name a few...

Jimdh

Putting on skis
Skier
Hi there! Thanks to everyone for advice on Whistler/Blackcomb. It snowed (puked) Wednesday night - 40+cm! Huge lift lines on Thursday. Did the tour and skied on Blackcomb Thursday; did the tour and skied Whistler Friday; Skied Whistler Saturday. The Symphony and Harmony areas on Whistler were great - real fun trees/steeps! We skipped the chutes but skied some adjoining cornice areas in Harmony, plus multiple trips down McConkey's Run in the real soft bumps! Absolutely the best day of the year!

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January