• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Pacific NW/AK/BC Whistler announces lift ticket price for 2023-24

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer

Don't fret too much, the $299 lift ticket for peak times is Canadian dollars, so it's only $218 in USD. LOL. Line up in the rain and overpay for everything is why I rarely ski Whistler. Less crowds, less expensive and better quality snow and better weather is why I ski the B.C. interior. OTOH Whistler has the best partying and best ski-centric shopping among North American ski resorts, if that is your thing.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
I always take advantage of what ever the best deal is. I rarely know what a Whistler walk up ticket costs. I certainly wouldn't pay that much.
Believe even an Edge card reduces it to around $90. Most hills in BC/Alberta are 90 to 130 range but who pays full prices these days, lots of deals available.

On the positive side back in the day you only broke even with a Whistler season pass after 20 days.
As a "senior" it's 3 days to break even now. When I hit 75 and the "Super Senior" rate kicks in I'll ask them to pay me.

TS
DanoT

DanoT

RVer-Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Sun Peaks B.C. in winter, Victoria B.C. in summer
I turned 75y.o. last April 2023. I will be getting to ski for free at Castle AB, Panorama, Red, Whitewater in B.C.
-Fernie is $99Cdn for the season or $199 for Resorts of the Canadian Rockies (RCR) which includes Fernie, Kicking Horse, Nakiska, Panorama, Kimberly, Mt. Saint Anne, Stoneham for 75y.o.
-Shames in northern B.C. is $4.76Cdn/day for 75y.o.
-Sun Peaks is $500Cdn for the season if you are 80y.o.

I won't make it out of western Canada this season but Whitefish has very cheap season pass or very cheap day ticket for 70y.o.

Sibhusky

Whitefish, MT
Skier
Whitefish has very cheap season pass or very cheap day ticket for 70y.o.
We're in phase 2 of the pass sales. Super Senior went from $165 to $235 on October 1. After Nov. 15 it skyrockets to $665. Not so cheap. Day tickets for Super Seniors aren't listed yet, but will probably be in the $30's.

noncrazycanuck

Out on the slopes
Skier
on that list from 2016. Mt Baker Washington you could ski free at 70.
but just checked their site and now with taxes it is $78 Canadian to 80.

Same price as a 65-75 year old Senior with an Edge card at Whistler.

Sponsor

Staff online