• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Which Swix Sidewall Planer?

Marin

Putting on skis
Skier
I had # 2 and return it ,since there is not adjuster how deep you want to( Up/Down) only side to side, You have to be very carefull when you use it to not cut to much.
#1 has adjuster Up/Down and side to side and comes only with Round blade, but if you buy blade then you can use either one , that what I did . Also this way was cheaper then #1, since blade cost me $20.

On comment for sandwich skis I agree with both , once they use square and other use round. This is what I found best for me. I use Square to take just little bit material very close to metal( very minimal) , then use round after that , it is little extra time but make nice round shape , and nice space for file to not touch abs material.

LiquidFeet

instructor
Instructor
I really like my Swix Pro. I don't have any issues with its adjustment which are quite straight-forward IMO.

@ARL67, your Swix planer is not my Swix planer. I've got the one @Sibhusky has. My skis are all sandwich skis. I can make it work, but I would be happier if I had the World Cup model.

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online