• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Which of these CO ski schools for newbie?

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I have to agree the Peak 9 terrain is great. However, Loveland terrain is totally fine, and in a nice separate area. The economics highly favor Loveland of course, as does driving time if you're commuting from Evergreen.

If they're willing to take 3 half-days worth of lessons (full day for the kiddo), then the 3-class pass is hard to beat. Approx $400 / person, includes 3 lessons, rentals, and lift tickets for those days, and at the end they all get Loveland season passes.

My SO learned to ski with them and had a great time.

More info here: https://skiloveland.com/rentals-lessons/3-class-pass/

If you need anymore Loveland beta, @nay and I are pretty good resources.

EricG

Lost somewhere!
Skier
We found keystone a great place to learn to snowboard. Instruction was great, terrain was great and price was reasonable. Plus we found the classes smaller than Breck.

Nancy Hummel

Ski more, talk less.
Instructor
SkiTalk Supporter
There are good and bad instructors at every mountain. Sad thing is that unless you take a private lesson and request a specific instructor, you are left to whomever gets assigned that day.

Beginner lessons are extremely important as to whether a person wants to continue skiing and if you start out on the wrong foot, there can be a negative impact on a skier’s improvement.

Lessons are expensive and your time is limited.

Sponsor

Staff online