• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Which Nordica skis for me?

François Pugh

Skiing the powder
Skier
Great White North (Eastern side currently)
Keep in mind @Posaune did note he is a cheapskate (I say this as very much a cheapskate myself). Getting one ski on a screaming deal makes perfect sense; buying a new two-ski quiver, even with screaming deals does not,.

Not adding two skis to the quiver is just crazy talk.

108 mm wide suits me fine at 160 lbs for deep snow. OP's weight and the snowfall amounts where he skis cries out for wider skis, especially given his preference for the ungroomed loose stuff. The Pro would have less overlap and is designed for fast skiing, but beware, it might produce a new addict.

At the other end of the quiver there is nothing narrow. Maybe a race ski to play with for something different. Yeah, I know, why ski groomers when you have deep snow and trees to play with. Eventually you will explore all options. Why not now.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
A race ski is the third leg of the pnw quiver.. unless you completely prefer groomers to all mountain skiing, which would eliminate about 70% of the available terrain on any given day at Stevens, crystal, alpental, or baker... but anyhow...

TS
Posaune

Posaune

sliding
Skier
At the other end of the quiver there is nothing narrow. Maybe a race ski to play with for something different. Yeah, I know, why ski groomers when you have deep snow and trees to play with. Eventually you will explore all options. Why not now.
I've been skiing for 54 years, so I've had time to explore all options. No race ski.

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I forget which model I demoed a couple years ago, but I found it to be way too floppy for my tastes. While Nordica has a devoted following, keep in mind the type of ski you prefer for your style and physique.