• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David

"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"
Skier
I got it last season. I tried putting it in a silicone container in hot water, but no go. I don‘t have a heat gun or hair dryer. Maybe I’ll put it in my heated boot bag tomorrow morning when I‘m getting ready to go skiing and see if that works better.
You need to heat the tube only and not the plunger. Try running it under hot water like a stuck jar lid.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You need to heat the tube only and not the plunger. Try running it under hot water like a stuck jar lid.
The plunger is stuck in the tube. It finally occurred to me that I might be able to push the plunger out the other way, rather than trying to pull it, but I haven’t tried that yet.

David

Skier
The plunger is stuck in the tube. It finally occurred to me that I might be able to push the plunger out the other way, rather than trying to pull it, but I haven’t tried that yet.
That's why I'm thinking hot water may work. It'll warm up the outside tube first like a bottle cap/lid on a plastic bottle.

cem

Out on the slopes
Masterfit Bootfitter
Industry Insider
how old is your plunger..... zipfit have recently changed the diameter of the cork tubes, by just enough that the old plungers don't work, currently i have cork but no plunger as that along with some stock liners are stuck in customs

so if you have an older plunger and recent cork tubes you may need a new plunger

Noodler

Sir Turn-a-lot
Skier

Oh, what does your plunger look like? Does it look like a wooden mallet (mine does)?

Doublegreen

Putting on skis
Skier
Funny enough I have the new plunger that I got stuck old cork tubes. I was using a wood dowel from the hardware store that was a little smaller diameter, never had an issue with that $3 piece of wood.

Heat, heat, and more heat and a vice to get it out.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
I got an email from Zipfit. OMFit was back in stock (as of 3/26). Two tubes and the plunger for $40.

David

Skier
I got an email from Zipfit. OMFit was back in stock (as of 3/26). Two tubes and the plunger for $40.
I looked on Monday and it was out so I signed up for the notification when it was back in stock. I was boared at work yesterday so I went in to see what else I wanted and it didn't show as out of stock so I ordered mine. I'm new to Zip's so hope I'm set for next winter now.

Yarecki

Putting on skis
Skier
That's why I'm thinking hot water may work. It'll warm up the outside tube first like a bottle cap/lid on a plastic bottle.

This is exactly what you should do. I’ve had a plunger stuck in a tube number of times, and this always worked.

Sponsor