• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Which bindings for the Kastle MX84?

TS
I

istin

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Thanks for all the ideas and replies. Since I can't get the Pivot 15 with an 85 brake, I'll probably save that model for a wider ski.

Right now, it looks like I have a decision to make between the Fischer R16s or the Head Freeflex Evo 16s.
Is there a disadvantage to having the band?
Finally, should I use a plate to get leverage on an 84 waist? Or, is the 17mm stand height good?

Thanks again.

liv2ski

Sierra Cement Inspector
Skier
I bought some Tyrolia Attack2 13GW's for my new MX84's. (The Green ones) :ogbiggrin: I run a 8-9 din,so they should be perfect. I just hope the 95mm brake isn't to wide once I mount them next winter.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I bought some Tyrolia Attack2 13GW's for my new MX84's. (The Green ones) :ogbiggrin: I run a 8-9 din,so they should be perfect. I just hope the 95mm brake isn't to wide once I mount them next winter.
There is an 85mm brake that you can swap for.

Joby Graham

Getting off the lift
Skier
There is an 85mm brake that you can swap for.

Phil - who sells them? I've found some really cheap Attack 2 13 GWs with 95mm brakes, but they'll be mounted on a 86mm waisted ski. I'd rather have the narrower brakes, but haven't been able to locate just the brakes. Thanks.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Replacement Attack brakes(Tyrolia Type A) are around $35-50 US plus shipping and places like Corbetts have the whole Attack2 13 Bindings with 85mm brakes on for $162 CAN/$118 US with free shipping right now. :huh:

Peb75

Skier
Now is absolutely the time to over think it..all we have at the moment is time. ;) Especially if the person is asking. A better binding will enhance the performance of the ski and when you are buying a ski that has a comma in the price, you want to get the most out of your money. If you want a Kastle branded or Tyrolia binding, the race derived bindings are a great way to go. My first choice would be the upcoming Look Pivot 15, it is laterally rigid and has a short wheelbase allowing the Kastle to flex smooth and round as you pressure the ski into an arc.
Phil what do you reckon about a vist plate on the mx84 instead of flatmounting?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Phil what do you reckon about a vist plate on the mx84 instead of flatmounting?
Which Vist Plate? If you are willing to forego some of the versatility of the ski in the off piste for better hard snow performance, sure a SpeedLock Race is an incredible plate.

Peb75

Skier
I was actually thinking about the World cup air soft which is a universal plate.

Sponsor

Staff online