• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where to go with the IKON pass early-mid January.

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
I want to book a trip using IKON pass locations out west. Any suggestions on where is the best snow is now and likely to be?
I already burned thru my days at Big3.(Lake Louise, Sunshine.)
Thanks

sbooker

Getting on the lift
Skier
Mammoth already has decent snow and there's bound to be more over the next few weeks.
Alta and Snowbird are usually bankable for good conditions in that time frame and the odds of getting a powder day or two are pretty good if going for a week or so.
Probably the best time of the season to ski at Jackson Hole. Could be chilly though.

LowPressureKarl

Putting on skis
Skier
Aspen is outstanding right now, as is most of Colorado.
Booking a Southwest flight into Denver with a rental car has zero downside, with a ton of potential.

TS
Black Dog

Black Dog

Its all downhill from here..
Skier
Thanks, Aspen is on my list along with Big Sky. Anybody know how Big Sky is doing?

cosmoliu

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Just finished a week at Jackson Hole and its skiing very well. Still some random rocks and the steeper runs (chutes) aren't open yet. If the weather cooperates, January should be very nice.

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Keep in mind the holidays and a lot of colleges are out so more folks on the hill. We skied Mammoth the other day and it was great. Midweek. We talked to some who ski there more often who said there was no way they'd even consider skiing there on a weekend. I imagine that is true to a point at most areas though.