• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
My son and I will be doing a quick ski trip (only three ski days :( ) to Park City the first week of January. I realize there are dozens of places to eat dinner there. I'd be grateful for any recommendations. Neither of us is a big drinker (one per night usually), although we like pub ambiance.

Thanks!
Jimski

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Old school....No Name Saloon.....get a Buffalo burger.
New School....Wasatch Brew Pub.....

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I’m Broke: Alberto’s, El Chubasco, Vessel
I’m Tired: The Boneyard, Sammy’s, Butchers, Freshie’s Lobster.
I’m Flush: Riverhorse, Handle, Tupelo, Deer Valley Seafood Buffet, Mariposa, The Mustang, St. Regis, Stein Erickson, Montage.
I Know It’s Not Healthy But I Want a Great Breakfast Burrito For Next To Nothing: Alberto’s - Sausage.

As @AmyPJ said, there are disappointments to be had here if you aren’t careful. There’s good dining but this is not a food Mecca.

Mendieta

Master of Snowplow
SkiTalk Tester
Contributor
I’m Broke: Alberto’s, El Chubasco, Vessel
I’m Tired: The Boneyard, Sammy’s, Butchers, Freshie’s Lobster.
I’m Flush: Riverhorse, Handle, Tupelo, Deer Valley Seafood Buffet, Mariposa, The Mustang, St. Regis, Stein Erickson, Montage.
I Know It’s Not Healthy But I Want a Great Breakfast Burrito For Next To Nothing: Alberto’s - Sausage.

As @AmyPJ said, there are disappointments to be had here if you aren’t careful. There’s good dining but this is not a food Mecca.

At Stein Eriksen there is a formal restaurant. They also have a bar. Not quite a pub as Jimski was referring to, but an upscale informal dining experience.

Down on PC we really liked Bodega On Main, a tapas place. Cheers!

TS
Jimski

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Thanks to all! It's been 10 years since my one time in Park City. I remember there being dozens of places to eat, and with only four nights there this pre-screening is key. We're not looking for haute cuisine, but places for fresh grilled local food and local craft beer, good Thai food, maybe a place like the Q Roadhouse (a few miles from Teton Village in WY), etc.

I'm focusing on the food because it's something I can control. As for adequate snow cover during the first week of January, I'm relying on divine intervention...

silverback

Talking a lot about less and less
Skier
Food in PC is mostly not great. If it is good, it costs 3x what it should. More than once have we said, "that wasn't bad for a $20 meal, but it was $80". We drive to SLC if we want to go out 90% of the time. SLC isn't great either, but it is better than PC.

Places I've gone to more than a "one and done" disappointment, these are all decent:

Handle
5seeds
Shabu Shabu
Back Door Deli
Anaya's
Albertos
Harvest

Last edited:

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Wasatch Brewery, did the young waiter ask if you wanted ice in your red wine? :roflmao:

TS
Jimski

Jimski

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Wait, they serve wine too?? My wife always says: "when you go to a burger joint, order a burger". Since we were at a brew pub, I had a beer -- Evolution Amber Ale -- which I highly recommend. It paired well with my salmon, which I also recommend. Everybody drinks beer with seafood, right? :)

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
grilled cheese & tomato soup -- practically all i ate as a kid! ogwink