• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where should I ski in 2020?

Which mountain do you think?

• Steamboat or Snowmass

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Big Sky or Jackson Hole

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Telluride

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Squaw or Mammoth

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Solitude/Brighton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alta/Snowbird

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Deer Valley

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Whistler

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
After the Saturday Whistler disaster, we vowed to never ski a weekend again. So the trip would definitely be weekday skiing.

Saturday is my rest day at whistler, but you can navigate around to beat the crowds. Get to harmony and symphony as soon as they open. Get two quick rips in on Symphony and head back down to Emerald Express as Symphony will plug up in a hurry. Hang on Emerald or Big Red for a couple runs, then up the peak express for a Peak to Creek run around 10:30-11:00. Grab a snack and drink below, hop on the creekside gondola and back up Red. Go back to harmony while people go in for lunch.

This pattern works pretty well any day of the week, but whistler is best Monday to Thursday. There is very little wait and huge terrain to explore.

JoeSchmoe

Snowboarder
Skier
How set is your group on the ski in / ski out requirement?

My group is very much like yours skiing and dining wise. While our slopeside trips have been nice, they've never been as good as the SLC trips...

We usually hit a different resort every day, snowbird, brighton, solitude, and we sometimes drive out to snowbasin. Half of us snowboard so we don't do Alta.

You can rent a nice condo at the base of the Cottonwood Canyons and have a very scenic 15 minute drive or so to the hill.

Dining options in SLC are endless.

Give it a go and you might not want to go elsewhere anymore!

Sponsor