• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Where did Bubba Gumps go???

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
What happened to Bubba Gumps - one of my son's favorite places to eat in Breck???

DSCF9839.JPG

DSCF9756.JPG

Last edited:

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Maybe Bubba's momma got Bubba's share so she don't have to make shrimps for folks like us anymore?

Rich McP

H20nSnow Elsewhere
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
"Chain restaurant? We don't need no sinking chain restaurant!" (With apologies to Mel Brooks)

It went to its rightful reward. Better place there now anyway - CB & Potts. The new place is still a chain but at least it's a Rockies chain. The Turkey Havarti w/ avocado sandwich...oh Christ it's good! Definitely ski hard before you eat one though. There are a couple of calories there.

***Warning. Plug coming***
Also, please do me a favor...ask if they have C-Squared Cider on tap, or at least bottles. It's my friend's new Cidery in Denver and they are supposed to be offering it but I just get a dumb look from my waitress when I ask for it.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
Bubba Gump is a chain but it's not like they are in every city. It's not that I even ever ate the shrimp -- I always had a burger. My son is the big shrimp eater.

We'll need to try the new place.

Last edited:
TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
What are you doing in London?

My company is based near Heathrow and I had meetings there this week so I tagged on for a couple of days in the city. While I'd rather be skiing powder at home this isn't too bad for an alternative. I love this city! Saw Les Miserables tonight and have one more day tomorrow before heading home Sunday.

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
My company is based near Heathrow and I had meetings there this week so I tagged on for a couple of days in the city. While I'd rather be skiing powder at home this isn't too bad for an alternative. I love this city! Saw Les Miserables tonight and have one more day tomorrow before heading home Sunday.

Very cool!

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It's been gone a couple of years. Honestly, good riddance. I stopped going there after I ordered a pomegranate margarita. On top of numerous f***-ups that night, they served me what was CLEARLY pink lemonade with tequila. Barf. I'm sorry your son is disappointed, but not at all sorry it's been replaced with something else. Although I haven't tried CB & Potts yet.

Jenny

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Oh, memories! That's the first place I saw Les Mis. I love London!

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
It's been gone a couple of years. Honestly, good riddance. I stopped going there after I ordered a pomegranate margarita. On top of numerous f***-ups that night, they served me what was CLEARLY pink lemonade with tequila. Barf. I'm sorry your son is disappointed, but not at all sorry it's been replaced with something else. Although I haven't tried CB & Potts yet.

It was still there this past 4th of July (2015) because we are there.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
It was still there this past 4th of July (2015) because we are there.
I guess I misremembered. The rest of my comment stands. There's a Cajun place on Breck; maybe you can get shrimp there?

TS
Dave Petersen

Dave Petersen

Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I guess I misremembered. The rest of my comment stands. There's a Cajun place on Breck; maybe you can get shrimp there?

Yeah, it is next to where Rasta Pasta was -- another place we liked.

I remember when they used to have a Wendy's on Main Street.

I think my son liked Bubba Gumps because we have eaten there since he was very young. They used to serve his meal in a cardboard shrimp boat.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Yeah, it is next to where Rasta Pasta was -- another place we liked.

I remember when they used to have a Wendy's on Main Street.

I think my son liked Bubba Gumps because we have eaten there since he was very young. They used to serve his meal in a cardboard shrimp boat.
Yeah, nostalgia does funny things :)

I am also spoiled for shrimp because we pick them up fresh off the boat when I visit my parents in North Carolina.

Sponsor