• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

awesomeame

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
Hi all

Where are Canadians buying their tuning/waxing tools? I've been looking online, and the prices stores charge up here seems to me offensively expensive for what you get. Do these items ever typically come on sale?

Matt

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Ski shop, Sidecut, Tools4Boards, Corbett’s is great with no fee shipping. Skis and bikes often has sales. Surprisingly Sporting Life is making a huge dent in race supply around here....ridiculous selection and still has racer pricing. Their clothing clear outs are crazy good....basically blew out all their sync gear at cost. Ditto with Spyder and the like.

Tools4Boards carries Briko/SVST stuff and based in Calgary....thy supply into MEC so you will see the Roto brush there. A good ski shop is a godsend and can bring in nearly anything at a good price.

Some times Tognar and racewax still come up ahead after duty, FX and shipping.

Right now I’m 95% local shops. Unless they can’t help (e.g. with a Snowglide).

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Sporting Life actually does decent prices.. I know the bicycle retail world a bit and they do a pretty good job on price. They make their money on fancy clothes, not on hard goods I don't think. And they have a good selection of hard goods, not everything, but good stuff.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kuu Sports is Canadian. They have a good selection at the Skis and Bikes in Mississauga

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Kuu makes good stuff. I'm surprised it is hard to get.

hbear

Out on the slopes
Skier
Sporting Life actually does decent prices.. I know the bicycle retail world a bit and they do a pretty good job on price. They make their money on fancy clothes, not on hard goods I don't think. And they have a good selection of hard goods, not everything, but good stuff.

Soft goods is where all the margin is for sure. Makes sense, no different than the golf world or any other similar sport.

SkiMore

Getting on the lift
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
+1 for Sidecut. Very high quality feel when you get the tools in your hands, and the owner Chris is very accessible for providing tips and information.

rmcintosh

Booting up
Skier
If you are near Toronto you can go to Kuu Sports and by direct. I have done this in the past. They are on the east end of the city not far off the 401.

Cdninak

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
+1 for Sidecut. Especially like the file and diamond stone guides. The round diamond stone is nice that you can rotate it and get fresh section easily and replaceable pads are available when they’ve wore down.

Castle Dave

Getting off the lift
Skier
Vancouver Ski and Board Services.
http://www.vanski.ca
Been around a long time and only do tuning, nothing else. Very impressive if you get a chance to visit there operation

JohnnyG

Getting on the lift
Skier

I've never had good experiences at the one in Ottawa unfortunately.

I'll second Jilly's Kunstadt recommendation for anyone in or around Ottawa, but I don't see anything listed on their website for tuning tools. www.kunstadt.com

Sponsor