• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Just curious about the dates. I'm taking my son out to Utah during MA February vacation 2/16-2/22. I'm guessing the Gathering will be in that time frame but if not I may try to swing a second trip to attend the Gathering.

And yeah, I know I'm way early. I'm a long range planner; what can I say? ogsmile

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
I saw a Monoskier at Rose yesterday...I tried not to make eye contact, they spook easily.

As far as the dates, we are looking at the same time next year...and moving forward s people can plan ahead...but not fully set yet.

ADKmel

Skiing the powder
Skier
I saw Mono Skis being Demo'd at Alta a couple of weeks ago.. Closest to getting a board on those slopes ever.. Yes I did a double take.. thought they snuck thru the gates from Snowbird

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
I saw a Monoskier at Rose yesterday...I tried not to make eye contact, they spook easily.

As far as the dates, we are looking at the same time next year...and moving forward s people can plan ahead...but not fully set yet.
What dates to you go last year? I might be interested in going to JH too

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
What dates to you go last year? I might be interested in going to JH too

The Gathering "last year" (you really mean "this year") was 2/23/19 - 3/2/19.

Translating that to next season means the most likely dates are either 2/22/20 - 2/29/20, or 2/29/20 - 3/7/20.

Last edited:

Larry

Out on the slopes
Skier
The Gathering "last year" (you really me "this year") was 2/23/19 - 3/2/19.

Translating that to next season means the most likely dates are either 2/22/20 - 2/29/20, or 2/29/20 - 3/7/20.
Thanks for the update

aveski

Out on the slopes
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I plan on being there, whenever it is. Next season, I'll be road tripping from Maine. Maybe I'll ski Mt. Bohemia on the way out.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Jim Kenney and I pondered a monoskier's gear at Mineral Basin Saturday. He had a swallowtail with a burly wire tie between the tails. Seems all that would be good for would be some chance of catching a rock or tree limb and causing a quick face plant. By now, most monoskiers seem to be older gents - gotta think they know what they're doing.

Just waiting for a time frame for the JHMR Gathering to reserve an Elk Country cabin. Not too eager to be a GatherMeister, mind you.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
We have 2/24-28 +/- a day on either end.

Last edited:

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Seems on the late end of the season, especially for JH, which tends to get crappy on the lower faces by then.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Me too (tho odds are I won't get there)

bushpilot

Up Booting
Skier
When do people start figuring out lodging? I'll be traveling solo so would love to share accommodations if that's possible.

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
I don't think we've got a Gathermeister for Jackson Hole yet. Plenty of lodging in the town of Jackson. It gets pricier as you get closer to slopeside. Not much downside to reserving something as long as the cancellation policy is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor