• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
When do people start figuring out lodging? I'll be traveling solo so would love to share accommodations if that's possible.

Typically the Gathering is formally announced in August or September, and a lodging thread goes up soon thereafter. Most people don't book places until the fall.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
If you're the assistant Gathermeister, who's the full one? v

TBD... preferably someone who's actually been there and knows the place. (I haven't been.) I have just volunteered to help whomever it is. Are you interested?

James

Out There
Instructor
TBD... preferably someone who's actually been there and knows the place. (I haven't been.) I have just volunteered to help whomever it is. Are you interested?
No. I doubt I'll even be there. But you only need others who've been there. They're just going to clump together anyway and make a fur ball.

Tip: last time people probably had a better time at Targhee.
There's night skiing at Snow King and it's steeper than Jackson. Will this be the first night skiing at a gathering?

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Seems on the late end of the season, especially for JH, which tends to get crappy on the lower faces by then.
Wre you referring to Phil's post where he accidentally posted March instead of February?
The dates are
We have 2/24-28 +/- a day on either end.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
So I was looking at frequent flyer mileage tickets. They disappear pretty quickly, and I have enough miles. I'm thinking I might book my flights tomorrow. I mean, there's no way I'm not going, right? Saturday to the following Sunday, ski my 7 Ikon days. Just have to decide whether to leave home ridiculously early or leave at a reasonable hour and arrive a little late.

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
So I was looking at frequent flyer mileage tickets. They disappear pretty quickly, and I have enough miles. I'm thinking I might book my flights tomorrow. I mean, there's no way I'm not going, right? Saturday to the following Sunday, ski my 7 Ikon days. Just have to decide whether to leave home ridiculously early or leave at a reasonable hour and arrive a little late.
Or you could book it longer and make a short trip to get your 7 Big Sky days too, or for that matter, Alta/Bird, Deer Valley, Solitude.....The options for a longer trip are huge.:decisions:

TS
TheArchitect

TheArchitect

Working to improve all the time
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter

I’m going to be in Utah the week before the Gathering and FF tickets have been almost non-existent. Very few flights available and all with terrible arrival or departure times. It’s school vacation week and I think that’s playing a part, along with the 737 Max planes being grounded and reducing fleet levels

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
I’ve been contemplating flying to Jackson non-stop from Seattle $460 RT, one flight per day on Saturdays only, so that would be from 2/22-2/29. Or one-stop from Everett (new commercial airport at an existing airfield next to Boeing, way easier for me to get to) for $289 to $350 RT, depending on flight times, but up to 7 hours each way.
Or drive, which I did at the last Jackson Gathering in 2015.

I haven’t actually decided whether to go, didn’t get either the Ikon or MCP (at least not yet) as I have an Epic pass for Stevens. I mean, I could just take a trip or two to Whistler with the Epic. Regardless I’ll have to look at the pricing for a 5 of 7 days J Card reload when they publish it on their website.

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Or you could book it longer and make a short trip to get your 7 Big Sky days too, or for that matter, Alta/Bird, Deer Valley, Solitude.....The options for a longer trip are huge.:decisions:
Aw, c'mon. I only get 5 weeks vacation. And I need to set days aside for @KevinF 's New England Gathering, and @dbostedo 's Taos minigathering, and @Philpug 's or @KingGrump 's A-Basin or Mammoth spring fling, and maybe the three amigos' (@Gary Stolt @JohnL @SKI-3PO ) Superbowl week in Utah, and ....

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Went ahead and booked my air travel - out Sat Feb 22, back Sun Mar 1.
50k American miles. More than I am used to using, but that's what they are for, right?

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
I can remember booking Japan->West Coast return for 50k miles!
Those days are long gone :(

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Went ahead and booked my air travel - out Sat Feb 22, back Sun Mar 1.
50k American miles. More than I am used to using, but that's what they are for, right?
The place we have booked is from Sunday to Saturday, assuming skiing Monday through Friday, but I'm sure there are some who will ski into the weekends surrounding the actual 5 gathering dates.
* note we got into logistics for those who had the IKON base pass last year and are planning the official gathering dates 5 days.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm planning to go Saturday-to-Saturday myself as I've done the last couple of years. Work out best from a work/travel standpoint for me. But I haven't booked anything yet. (And I went with the full Ikon pass this year, should I choose to do 6 days at JH.)

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
And don't forget, there is always the option of a day at Tarhgee. :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
  • Dwight