• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TheHitman

Putting on skis
Skier
Just moved to Fort Collins and need gear for a teenager and seven year old.

Should I buy online?

Should i get used gear locally?

When and where are the sales? Christy sports has only patio furniture right now. I'd rather see skis.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
In the Front Range, around labor day. You'll see Ski Rex, Christy's Powder Daze, etc etc. Online sales vary more.

You've also got a ton of local used options. Powder7 in golden is a great shop with lots of high quality used demo gear.

If you're on a budget, post up what you're looking for here. Lots of us Front Rangers regularly sleuth Craigslist for deals and may find a good option for ya.

For a 7 year old, consider the season-long lease programs many ski shops do (like Larsons). Teenagers tend to be more specific about their gear, but for a few years, nice to have inexpensive gear that keeps up with your growing kid.

TS
TheHitman

TheHitman

Putting on skis
Skier
Thanks much.

I've been in contact with Christy and am considering their season rentals for the seven year old.

I didn't realize powder7 was in Golden. I'll have to go check them out. Is now the best time or will they have more inventory in a couple months?

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@TheHitman Powder7 varies and I'm not sure when their best time is. I think you just have to check their website periodically. I would like to mention that you should also check Ski Essentials. Even with shipping to CO they have good pricing depending on what you might be looking for.

Powder Daze starts this Wed for Christy Sports but only online. You could go to Steamboat this weekend if you want to store shop or wait until the 24th and go to other locations. If you are shopping the pass promotions then you will have to go to the Littleton location starting on the 24th.

I don't think the Colorado Ski and Golf ski rex starts until the end of the month.

mikel

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@TheHitman Powder7 varies and I'm not sure when their best time is. I think you just have to check their website periodically. I would like to mention that you should also check Ski Essentials. Even with shipping to CO they have good pricing depending on what you might be looking for.

Powder Daze starts this Wed for Christy Sports but only online. You could go to Steamboat this weekend if you want to store shop or wait until the 24th and go to other locations. If you are shopping the pass promotions then you will have to go to the Littleton location starting on the 24th.

I don't think the Colorado Ski and Golf ski rex starts until the end of the month.

Sponsor