• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

KevinF

Gathermeister-New England
Team Gathermeister
Wait, how can you have two daily drivers?

I don't know about @Living Proof , but I've used one set in the morning and switched to others in the afternoon to get sharp edges again. Ice Coast "snow" dulls edges quickly!

Edit: Because, after all, it couldn't possibly be my incompetence that leads to the skis not gripping the ice anymore! The tune must suck! Yeah! That's it!

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Havent been on the new Head, but have been on he Kastle and E100 both were not my cup of tea. The Kastle is fairly straight and is a ski I would probably like more out west but for a ski like this here at Stowe I like a tighter sidecut so I can tip and do mini GS turns though crud on relativity flat and crowded pitches. The E100 felt hooky despite having a similar sidecut to the bones.

For someone like yourself, it's tune sensitive, Josh.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
No decent picture but I have been"'quietly"
building up a quiver of sort...
From fat to skinny
2012 Gotama 186, Baron mounted and skin equipped jic...
2006 Hot Rod 178, old dayly driver and one ski quiver then. Will use for uncertain days and "bumps" (whatever passes for it here, which isn't much)
2015 WRC piston plate 186, the new dayly driver, groomers only
2003 Head SL irace 165, old but never used until 2013 (long story), out to the shop for tuning (asked for an aggressive edges setting, given the type of man made snow available here. The only snow available here at the moment...but I am not putting my WRC on there, nope. Also being on crowded wrods, I prefer something that will not tempt me to push for speed). Used when the day is going to be a groomers only day but when I hope to find some bumps as well...

tromano

Goin' the way they're pointed...
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
191 Elan 777
184 Blizzi the One
185 Nordi el Capo
190 Dps rp112

Josh Matta

Skiing the powder
Pass Pulled
I don't know about @Living Proof , but I've used one set in the morning and switched to others in the afternoon to get sharp edges again. Ice Coast "snow" dulls edges quickly!

Edit: Because, after all, it couldn't possibly be my incompetence that leads to the skis not gripping the ice anymore! The tune must suck! Yeah! That's it!

On certain snow the tune does matter. No matter how hard you try a dull ski will not dig into snow on the harder end of the spectrum

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
178 Nordica Top Fuel (about to retire)
186 Fischer Watea 94
177 Nordica Hell N Back
176 Nordica Fire Arrow 76ti (retiring the Top Fuel)

givethepigeye

Really, just Rob will do
Skier
185 Nordica Enforcers (v2.0)
184 Kastle FX104 (plus one pair in plastic)
185 Blizzard Cochise (last years)
190 Liberty Double Helix

The Cochises' are for sale and the FX104's and Enforcers are different enough that I think I am going to keep them both. Although could easily live with one or the other, you need choices, right?

tromano

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
You've had those a while...is that the 2nd-season ones that were softer than the first generation?

BTW, Fischer have finally stepped up to the plate to offer the S-Bound 125

I think the first season was only available in 175cm length. I have these ones:
rhcwf26_bc-125-04_1.jpg

Erik Timmerman

So much better than a pro
Instructor
Nordica Helldorado, Patron, El Capo all in 185
Volkl Katana w Dukes for skinning
Nordica Steadfast 178
Nordica Firearrow 84 EDT 176
Nordica GSR Evo EDT 186
Head RD SL 165
Dynastar Omeglass 64 (these said Schloppy on them when I got them)
Rossi 9X 184 (Kildow - another pair from when the race room was in VT and the race room manager lived in Stowe)
Volkl P60 SG 200

sale pending FX94 and Atomic GS - making room for more skis!

That's what comes to mind without actually going and looking at what else I have.

MattD

aka Hobbes429
Skier
Fischer WC Sl 165 co daily driver hard snow
Hart Pulse 170 co daily driver hard snow
Salomon Q98 180 soft snow
One of the few other Hart Pulse skiers I've come across! Also use these as my hard snow ski!

Just sold one of the 3 mid-90's skis I bought over the summer and fall, and have 2 more for sale! So many good choices in that range! Own for now, or considering:
- Sick Day 95 (own - for sale)
- Cham HM 97 (own - for sale)
- SR 95
- FX 94 (just sold)
- Kartel 98
- Vantage 90 CTI

tromano

Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Blizzard The One is a ski I always regretted not owning ... do you still love it?

I was on the one today. My pair have many days on them well over 100. They still carve well and can handle high speed cruising 40mph and I still love them in the crud. I am kind of a fatty and I am surprised how well these have held up for me and that they still are so lively feeling. They have served as a touring ski in the past and I feel very comfy on then in wind effected snow. It's a ski with a lot of snow feel, not a lot of dampness. @scottskier on epic has a pair of 184s that I thought about buying as a backup. You may want to hit him up.

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Kastle LX 82 164--my "you need to learn to ski better" skis
Blizzard Samba 166--my hero skis
Blizzard Black Pearl 159--for sale
Rossignol Savory 7 170--my powder skis that I have not skied enough

Hubby has Blizzard Magnum 8.7
Fischer Motive 95
Salomon Q105

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
I was on the one today. My pair have many days on them well over 100. They still carve well and can handle high speed cruising 40mph and I still love them in the crud. I am kind of a fatty and I am surprised how well these have held up for me and that they still are so lively feeling. They have served as a touring ski in the past and I feel very comfy on then in wind effected snow. It's a ski with a lot of snow feel, not a lot of dampness. @scottskier on epic has a pair of 184s that I thought about buying as a backup. You may want to hit him up.
I finally retired my Ones this summer after 5 years and over 200 days on them. My favorite ski I've ever owned.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The One's (and Crush) had a following ...@SBrown, @Josh Matta and @UGASkiDawg all really liked them. Personally, I never warmed up to them but they did have a following for sure.

UGASkiDawg

AKA David
SkiTalk Tester
The One's (and Crush) had a following ...@SBrown, @Josh Matta and @UGASkiDawg all really liked them. Personally, I never warmed up to them but they did have a following for sure.
I'm pretty sure I bought those skis because of Joshs and @Ron reviews of them if memory serves me....which doesn't always do well anymore.

Reactions: Ron