• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Dadskier

Getting off the lift
Skier
Not skis, but just picked these up for the season!
image.jpeg

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
View attachment 402

I almost feel like these need their own thread. These are the "family" skis. Freshly tuned by Poppa and ready for action this weekend!
Very nice...I now have a pair of AX -s awaiting inauguration, SX-s awaiting the race course and maybe some Stormriders still in a warehouse somewhere.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
^^^ It's the Indian not the arrow...yuk yuk...

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
No pictures because they're not all here, but it's kind of typical for a Rockies skier:
Blizzard Kabookies: mounted tele, daily driver (have skins for touring)
Black Diamond Justice: tele, powder skis (have skins for touring)
Blizzard Scouts: mounted alpine, softish snow chargers, token in bounds fixed-heel set-up
Black Diamond Drifts: tech binding AT
Volkl Nanuqs: tele rock skis (skins)

Boots:
Scarpa TX Pros: NTN tele
Dalbello Virus: AT
Scarpa Freedom SL: alpine, and maybe some touring (they're new)

I have a pole quiver too - beater aluminum ones, nice carbon ones, adjustables for touring, some Whippets (self-arrest) for scary touring...

JayT

Tahoe Powder Junkie
Skier
^^ Bonafides and Soul 7's - you don't see that combo very often. You must appreciate a wide variety of ski characteristics. I'm not being facetious, btw.

Hunter

Booting up
Skier
^^ Bonafides and Soul 7's - you don't see that combo very often. You must appreciate a wide variety of ski characteristics. I'm not being facetious, btw.
Just a different dancing shoe.

Couchmaster

Putting on skis
Skier
Phil, what improvements could he expect with a better binding on the Stockli, and what binding would you suggest? (ps, not being obtuse, just asking. )

RNZ

aka Ski Kiwi
Skier
20151121_131825.jpg

The (about to be retired) one ski quiver of a skiing nomad whose skiing involves at least one airline flight. These may or may not end up stashed in someone's garage near to a ski area for times when I have to travel for work and can fit a ski day in. And the next pair will not have demo bindings - (these were the last pair in the country at the time).

Brad J

Out on the slopes
Skier
Fisher WC SL 165 Cheater
Kastle MX 88 178 EC DD
Kastle FX 94 176 West DD
Kastle FX 84 176 EC softer snow , bump, tree ski
Rossi WC Masters 174 Beer can race ski

Spooky

Getting off the lift
Skier
Photo Nov 21, 12 11 31 PM.jpg

Just picked these up this morning at a ski sale. Thinking of putting some Marker Kingpins on them.

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'll update with photos tonight, but I've got a poor-mans quiver by this threads standards. Being in CO I typically buy used skis locally. I'd rather have a year or two old ski for the right conditions, than a brand new ski that has to cover a larger range of conditions.

(78mm) High Society Berzerk 178 w/ Head GTOs. Park, bumps, putzing around, drills, low-snow with rocks.
(85mm) K2 AMP Aftershock 181 w/ system bindings. No-new snow, everyday ski.
(107mm) Nordica El Capo 178 w/ Look Pivot 12s. Some new snow, everyday ski.
(110mm) Atomic Blog with "Dynastar" PX18s. Rock skis for terrain openings with potentially deep snow.
(125mm) BD Megawatts 188 with Marker Baron. Slack/backcountry setup, or days of 12"+ of fresh inbounds.

Next on the list will probably be a lighter backcountry / spring touring setup. Something ~100mm waist, 175-180 with my first tech setup.

As of late Saturday night, my SO also now has a "quiver" although I suspect her beginner skis won't see much time on the snow once her new ones arrive next week.
(70mm) Volkl Attiva Oceana in 162 w/ Marker system bindings. Beginner/learning skis.
(85mm) Nordica Wild Belle in 170 w/ system bindings (not sure of brand?). Her upgrade for the season -- brand new for <$200 shipped.

Grass Sticks

Booting up
Skier
I am hoping to run into the GS folks at SIA, or while visiting Ron at the Boat, and sweet talk my way into the swappable basket mod, the big ol' baskets I have are pretty ungainly for other-than-pow.
@FairToMiddlin Skip the sweet talk! We'd be happy to swap out your tips for the new interchangeable ones (free of charge). Thanks for supporting us and picking up some of our first Sticks! Shoot me an email, [email protected]

kimmyt

My Rack Is Bigger Than Yours
Skier
Armada TST 165 mounted with Marker Griffins
Volkl Aura 163 mounted with Dynafits

I'm a minimalist kinda girl....

Reactions: Ron

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
No pictures, but from fat to skinny:
190 DPS 112RP
187 Bonafides (2x)
183 Rossi WC GS
167 Nordica Dobermann WC SL

and an oldie, but a goodie, (and a misnomer as a touring ski):
184 Dynastar Legend Pro Rider w/Duke

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
So there's been a last minute restructure of the quiver thanks to @dawgcatching

Fx84
Enforcer
Stockli sr107

And of course 2 pairs of Grass Sticks. @Grass Sticks

Watch for a ski blowout sale. Patrons, bmx108 and Scott 185. Help support my cause.

Sponsor

Staff online