• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

TimF

Putting on skis
Skier
Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Ready for the West now.
BA6E887B-A10F-493E-A7C7-F4F5250E5344.jpeg

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Kastle MX78
Atomic Vantage 90Ti (pretty much reserved for springtime touring)
Atomic Vantage 97Ti (everyday driver)
Kastle BMX 105 HP

bailey35mm

Go that way, really fast
Skier
Ogasaka Truin SL
Ogasaka ET 9.8(being delivered in the next couple of days)
Head Motorhead Inferno
Blizzard Rustler 11

strix

Terminal Intermediate
Skier
Quiver of one: 165 Atomic Redsters

These things rip through ice. Been fun in Whistler’s current conditions.

Attachments

• 1907F4B2-D9AC-4FAD-80C9-10403DB94D74.jpeg
    1907F4B2-D9AC-4FAD-80C9-10403DB94D74.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 24

rickg

Out on the slopes
Skier
My 2020 quiver consists of:
Volkl Racetiger Speedwall UVO SL 165 Race league slalom and very fun carver!
Volkl Racetiger Speedwall UVO GS 180 Race league GS and very fun mountain bomber!
Volkl RTM 81 170 (last version with camber) All mountain ski for my Mid Atlantic Skiing at smaller hills.
Nordica Enforcer 88 179 All mountain ski for trips out west or to New England.

I am only missing a wider powder ski, but it never seems to snow when I go out west!

Rick G

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
This season’s quiver. Bought 3 pairs and sold 3 pairs in the last 6 months so I’m still at a 4 pair quiver.

04B724B4-0C24-486C-B7AD-FD71107731A9.jpeg

2021 190cm Moment Wildcats/Attack2 13-Powder ski for out West and occasional heavy snow in the East as they are so fun in that!
186cm Nordica Enforcer 104/Attack2 13-Out West daily driver and Spring ski.
184cm Fisher Ranger 102 FR/Attack2 13-Carving up soft afternoon groomers back in the East or when there’s a bit of new snow.
184cm Volkl Kendo 88/Attack2 13-Daily driver when there’s no new snow.

Atomic Hawx Ultra 130s Boots with Booster Strap.

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
2020/21 quiver
  • Blizzard Brahma Salomon Warden Bindings
  • Nordica Enforcer 100 Salomon Warden bindings
  • Nordica Enforcer Free 104 Salomon Shift bindings
  • DPS Wailer 112 Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings
  • Salomon QLab Marker Kingpin Bindings*
  • Lange RS130
  • Lange XT110

* I do have more skis including lighter AT skis and bindings but these are the ones actually being used

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
This season’s quiver. Bought 3 pairs and sold 3 pairs in the last 6 months so I’m still at a 4 pair quiver.

View attachment 111519
2021 190cm Moment Wildcats/Attack2 13-Powder ski for out West and occasional heavy snow in the East as they are so fun in that!
184cm Fisher Ranger 102 FR/Attack2 13-Carving up soft afternoon groomers back in the East or when there’s a bit of new snow.
184cm Völkl Kendo 88/Attack2 13-Daily driver when there’s no new snow.

yellow does look good. considering attack 13's on CT 2.0 2021... as they seems to come cheap in the package.

tell me more about the kendo! I find the mantra and deacon pretty darn fun, and of course the 102 fr!

Deathwish came on sale locally as well.. hmm

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
yellow does look good. considering attack 13's on CT 2.0 2021... as they seems to come cheap in the package.

tell me more about the kendo! I find the mantra and deacon pretty darn fun, and of course the 102 fr!

Deathwish came on sale locally as well.. hmm

The new 2021 Candide 1.0 with very little taper so it should grip well along with solid weight and dampening has peaked my interest along with 2021 2.0 that would fun when things are softer. Don’t think the 2.0 would float as good as the Enforcer 104 or Fisher 102 so not as versatile I bet. Wish both were a bit wider on the tip.

I got the Kendo’s as a ski that should grip firmer groomers in the morning and take me further into the afternoon crud than skis like the Deacon 84 and be better off piste or in bumps. Deacons would be better in the morning for sure though. Put them on the most forward mount so they will be more playful(+2cm). With the Carbon tip they won’t be super quiet on hard snow and only 2000 grams at 184cm but love the shape and flex for my local use. New 2021 Brahma 88 another consideration but wasn’t on deals yet and then the Kendo is more playful while gripping better than an Enforcer

You’re more of a Wildcat ski customer vs the Deathwish. Deathwish has gotten stiffer and heavier than before but the Wildcats have always been the legendary playful chargers and Deathwish more on the light and playful side.
Think I’m going to love my new Wildcats!

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
@Cheizz I bet a pair of Mindbender 108 would look good with those green Attacks2 on them.......:duck:
Always fun trying to spend other people’s money! Lol

Liked the ease of the Pinnacles but the Mindbenders(especially the 108) are a big upgrade all over the mountain. Float very well for their width.

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

View attachment 111519

Isn't "when there's no new snow" kind of the definition of daily driver conditions? In that case, you've got 3/4 of your quiver dedicated to days when there is new snow? Are you retired? Live on the hill?

Amusing to compare with rickg's quiver in the post immediately prior to yours: His widest is your narrowest. Why the thread is interesting, I guess. :)

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Isn't "when there's no new snow" kind of the definition of daily driver conditions? In that case, you've got 3/4 of your quiver dedicated to days when there is new snow? Are you retired? Live on the hill?

Amusing to compare with rickg's quiver in the post immediately prior to yours: His widest is your narrowest. Why the thread is interesting, I guess. :)

I’m retired for 4-5 months a year during Winter and usually get 1.6 to 2 mil vert yearly even my “local hills” 3.5 hours away. Also take yearly trips out West for a few weeks at least.

My biggest issue is afternoon crud at my local hills where I spend about 40 days a year and ski all day(35-55k vert daily averaging 40-50 mph). Most carving skis are great in the morning then I’m looking for wider, heavier skis in the afternoon that can still go through crud at the higher speeds. Hoping the Kendo’s allow me to ski all day on one set of skis most days.

When it’s soft snow in the morning or Spring days, I honestly have started on the Enforcers 104 right from the start so I won’t have to switch at 11am. Knees have never had an issue with with wide skis if the edges can easily dig in. At my local hill which groom just before opening, it’s never firm unless it’s during a super cold spell. There are few super cold days where afternoon crud doesn’t happen that I could use carvers all day honestly.

Spend at least a few weeks out West where the Moments come out but they are an absolute riot in Spring afternoons or whenever we do get snow in Ontario as it’s so heavy and tracked within an hour. Spend most time in the trees or in bowls out West where the Fishers and Enforcers are great.

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
In that case, you've got 3/4 of your quiver dedicated to days when there is new snow?

A boy can always dream. :duck: :ogbiggrin:

FWIW, my daily driver is a Kendo out west and a FIS SL for NE.
Either the Kendo or FIS SL will do in Tahoe/Mammoth spring slush.

anders_nor

Making fresh tracks
Skier
The new 2021 Candide 1.0 with very little taper so it should grip well along with solid weight and dampening has peaked my interest along with 2021 2.0 that would fun when things are softer. Don’t think the 2.0 would float as good as the Enforcer 104 or Fisher 102 so not as versatile I bet. Wish both were a bit wider on the tip.

I got the Kendo’s as a ski that should grip firmer groomers in the morning and take me further into the afternoon crud than skis like the Deacon 84 and be better off piste or in bumps. Deacons would be better in the morning for sure though. Put them on the most forward mount so they will be more playful(+2cm). With the Carbon tip they won’t be super quiet on hard snow and only 2000 grams at 184cm but love the shape and flex for my local use. New 2021 Brahma 88 another consideration but wasn’t on deals yet and then the Kendo is more playful while gripping better than an Enforcer

You’re more of a Wildcat ski customer vs the Deathwish. Deathwish has gotten stiffer and heavier than before but the Wildcats have always been the legendary playful chargers and Deathwish more on the light and playful side.
Think I’m going to love my new Wildcats!

New CT 1.0 is for the the small guys sadly :( longest length is still super super short :(

Not really looking for float in 2.0, just fun/jib/hoon around and it comes in a 188.

Interesting remarks about the deathwish, its $300 and comes with fks 185 aka P18s... so guess it wont be too wrong.

Cheap SGN Urrakkar also popped up with shifts, but allready owning a ton of 115+ skis and not having the snow, hard to justify.

Guessing the kendos has marks for mounting like the mantra 102? a +1 and +2 mark? got my mantras as +1 curently. Its my 1 ski that hasnt folded on me except race skis... I tend to either bring out mantra 102 or deacon 84 in the mornings depending on how I wanna go at it. then usually some deacon 84 midway and again mantra 102 when people clear up. or.. just some length of 102 FR's... mood dependant I guess. Sometimes if I just evningski I'll do the deacons with race buddies, then switch to like CT 1.0s or revolts or whatever and hit up the park. Did not know the kendos had carbon tips, are the mantras made same way?

All mindbenders are on sale locally for 50-60% off, but having trouble justifying it, way way to much quiver overlap. the 99 and 108 does look cool.

On other news, I just visted my local favorite store, they had the new revolt 104 and all new volkls on display! the early splay/rocker is low, but early, so butters should be awesome, but low enough to where you can lay it on the side and it will act as a long edge still. looks very promising! My order is still waiting on some stuff to be fulfilled, but think I will just say give me what is there as I wanna try it at our indoors! :D

Justis will also arrive next week, price is pretty hefty though, but doable. apparantly a more twintippy but still chargy atris? so somewhere between camox/atris?
And.. they got me excited about the Stance, kinda like a mantra 102, but more playful, but still super chargy. They only had the stance 102 there, but the tail is super interesting, tip as well, it didnt really look like what I expected it to look like judging from pictures. He reccomended the 96 over the 102.

Got to look at new katana 108s as well, honestly I feel that might just be too much and too similar to others, would probably be great for FWT stuff style riding.

Blaze 106 seemed way wider than I thought, and now Im wondering if I made the right choice by ordering the 106 + kingpin or if it will be too wide for going up what I plan for.

to other posters talking about snow conditions/daily, honestly we rarely get enough snow to ever use 120mm stuff here, not even 100+mm stuff, but for some reason a lot of focus is put on skis in 100mm theese days, and they dont seem to care to much about 90 segmet at all, barely 80. 120mm skis and such can be quite nice when the snow is weath though, so still has a tiny application. My local hill is <10 minutes from my door and quite good. I have 5-6 other resorts within 60 minutes, and big mountains within 2-3 hours. Heck I can rando from my doorstep in winter (if I wasnt lazy). Local indoor is about 25-30 min drive. Been hitting it up 1 time a week all summer, so shape isnt hopeless. But its pretty hard to go over 20-30mph there. Very good park though!

I've put up a number of skis for sale yesterday and there is definetly interest. Selling all my remaining enforcers, except the 110 which gets to stay a bit longer. and BC100/shift as I plan to replace it with the blaze/kingpin combo.

Last edited:

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
@Cheizz I bet a pair of Mindbender 108 would look good with those green Attacks2 on them.......:duck:
Always fun trying to spend other people’s money! Lol

Liked the ease of the Pinnacles but the Mindbenders(especially the 108) are a big upgrade all over the mountain. Float very well for their width.
I like the Pinnacles better than the Mindbenders myself. And I use them for deep powder only. I use them less often than the Rustlers and the Kendos here in the Alps. Since I haven't the luxury to go skiing just when it dumps... And 'allmountain' means something different here than in the Rockies, I guess.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
The Pinnacle 105 and Mindbender 108 are completely different skis and both excel in their own way. If I am looking for a playful One-Oh for the trees, the Pinnacle. If I want one to charge, the Mindbender.

Nobody

Out of my mind, back in five.
Skier
Quiver unchanged since quite some time...
2003 Head iSl@165 ...(but unused until 2013, so they are not so used) still looking to replace these with an updated model (Voelkl SL @165) but budgetary issues force me to keep the heads in the current quiver
2006 Nordica Hot Rod@178 for those days I don't want really to ski (semi retired)
2016 Blizzard WRC@186 (R21) for GS gate training
2018 Voelkl Race Tiger GS@175, main driver since acquiring it
2019 Voelkl Race Tiger GS-R@183 (R25) for GS gate training
200? Voelkl Gotama@186 for the powpow days

2016 Tecnica R9.8 f.i.110 for daily chores
2017 Dalbello DRS f.i. 110 (trainsitioning to this boot as daily boot, but some issue is making me keep the Tecnicas for now
2019 Dalbello WC f.i. SS (stiff enough for me to use for the GS gate skiing)
2017 1st Gen Tecnica Zero G Guide Pro for freeride use