• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Spent last weekend on my Rally's, Kenjas and Stormriders and it was a grand long weekend. Have skis in shed at bromley, at condo and home so no need to bring skis anywhere. Haven't bought a pair of skis in a couple months and I have no other purchases on the horizon. I'm good with what I got..............................

Last edited:

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
010B66A5-3F96-48D3-83B9-C6BCE987EB3F.jpeg

Forth change in the 100-105mm range in the last year but hoping the Enforcer 104 Free will be the last.

Moment Bibby 184cm Attack2 13
Nordica Enforcer 104 Free 186cm Attack2 13
Blizzard Rustler 9 180cm Attack2 13
Head Framewall 181cm Attack 13

Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 boots

lisamamot

Lisa MA MOT
Skier
ski quiver lisa.jpg

Mine
2015 Blizzard Viva 810 ti iq 167
2019 Blizzard Sheeva 9 172
2018 Elan Ripstick 94W 170
2016 Santa Ana 100 177

I am taking a Backcountry class soon and if I love it I may put the Solomon S/Lab Shift MNC binding on my wish list and swap the Ripsticks over.

My daughter's - we have similar specs - I am just shy of 5'9" and she is a solid 5'11", and we have the same DIN/BSL so we share skis as well
ski quiver viviana.jpg

2013 Dynastar Exclusive Legend Eden 172 (she upped to the 172 but we still have the 165 hanging around as well)
2015 Atomic Elysian 168

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Still same quiver as 2 months ago, happy with everything. For the first time in a long I love all my skis. Taking demo bindings off of Meier Wild Bills and putting them on Praxis skis. May turn Wild Bill's into a touring set up since they are very light. Depending on how Praxis skis work out I'll either keep them or replace them with Nordica Santa Ana 100s. Love my 2015 Volkl Kenjas but if/when these die I will either hunt down another pair OR see how the 2020 Kenja's compare and replace them with those. Kenjas still have lots of life in them so plenty of time there. Still loving my Stormrider Motion 85s. I'll eventually replace them with a newer model but no changes to anything until they start to lose their pop or delaminate ha ha.

Boots are currently Rossingol Pure Elite 120. Getting new boots in fall and I will likely get the newer version of this boot.

2019-03-06_13.30.00.jpg

2019-03-06_13.33.47.jpg

Last edited:

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I went for a mid-season update and added a pair of moment deathwishes.

I generally hunt for soft snow, and don't spend much time of groomers, so my quiver is a bit fatter.

Inbounds with Dalbello Krypton Pro boots
Harder snow: Blizzard Bonafide @180 mounted with Head PRX 12s. Skied on the line.
Soft snow but not fresh: Moment Deathwish at 184 mounted with Look Pivot 14s mounted-1 from recommended
Fresh snow (6 inches or more) and heavy chop: ON3P Billygoat @ 184. with Look Pivot 14s, mounted on the line
Rocks: Salomon Shoguns 182

Hiking with Scarpa Maestralle RS boots
Harder snow and longer trips: G3 Findr 102s @ 179 mounted with Dynafit Radical ST (1.0). Mounted on the line
Powder snow: Moment Wildcat Tour @184. Mounted with Salomon Shifts. Mounted on the line.

My partner Liz is running:

Inbounds with Head Raptor B5s
Harder Snow: Moment Sierra @172 with Look Pivot 12s. Mounted on the line
Soft Snow: Moment Wildcat @174 with Look Pivot 14s. Mounted on the line
Rocks: Atomoic Access @171

Hiking with Scarpe Geas
Harder snow and longer trips: G3 Synape 101 (Elle) @ 170. Mounted on the line with Dynafit Radical St 2.0
Powder snow: Blizzard Sheeva 11 @ 172. Mounted on the line with Salomon Shifts

New skis are fun!

Last edited:

Snowflake2420

I70 is Life
Skier
Recently replaced liners on my Scarpa Freedoms that I've had for 3+ seasons. Replaced stock liners, which are Intuition, with Intuition Precision High wrap liner. Shop gave them to me for essentially nothing, why not. So far it's an adjustment, it's not pain, but I do feel tender on my shins when skiing. The tenderness doesn't remain after skiing so I'm assuming it's a pressure point thing.

Alpine Quiver:
1. Nordica La Nina 161cm - I don't want this to be my daily driver, but it is, and I've really tried to find something in the 100mm waist category and struggled to find something I like as much. Granted I have not tried them all like Black Crows Atris Birdie or Blizzard Sheeva 10. I'm coming to the conclusion this is a fine daily driver for me for now.
2. Nordica Santa Ana 100 161cm - these are the skis that are getting squeezed out of my quiver. I recently put a gummy stone to the tip and tail edges and this helped loosen them up, but still they aren't as quick as I'd like, but they do rail
3. Kaestle FX 85 HP 157cm - surprisingly easy to ski, hold an edge, haven't tried them in much soft snow
Touring Quiver:
4. Nordica La Nina w/ Kingpin 161cm - perfect setup for when I went to Japan and Argentina
5. Voile Supercharger w/ G3 Zed 154cm - Ski pretty well and much much lighter. Super happy with this purchase.

Scott Martin

Booting up
Skier
My quiver changed a lot this year, partially due to the Shift bindings, but mainly because of the Renoun Endurance 98s. It is a crazy ski. Prior to getting them I had a pair of 2015 Bushwackers, 2018 Brahmas, Enforcer 100s and a pair of Enforcer Pros. I got the Renouns with the intention of replacing the E100s (and using it as a 50/50 ski with Shift bindings), but have found they can basically fill the role of the E100s, the Bushwackers, and the Brahmas. Ski it hard and its a super damp/stiff ski. Slow it down and it's a crazy light, playful ski that is so easy to flick around. The only real downside I've found is in tracked powder is can be a little unpredictable if you don't fully commit to either fast or slow, it can surprise you with how quickly it can go from a soft playful ski to a stiff charger. The other change was swapping the EPros for Rustler 11s. I wanted a powder ski for touring, and while they aren't as damp as the EPros, but they are significantly more versatile, and much lighter.

Racing:
Lange RS 140
Rossignol Hero Master 175cm - Switched from a dedicated GS/SL set up this year, really like this ski, whether I'm racing or just having fun.

Freeskiing/Touring
Scarpa Freedom RS
Renoun Endurance 98 184cm - Atomic Shift
Blizzard Rustler 11 188cm - Salomon Shift

Considering...
DPS Lotus A124 191cm - Marker Jester 16ID - I skied a friends on a CAT skiing trip in BC and was the most fun I've ever had in powder. It's not a huge difference compared to the Rustler 11, which is a great powder tree ski, but man, it was fun...

zircon

Out on the slopes
Skier
IMG_7091.JPG

Finally got enough skis in active rotation to call it a quiver. AND ditched the Volkl AC20s for good in favor of these slalom skis I picked up off craigslist super cheap last season. I think there's still space for something between 68 and 85mm underfoot, though... Hmm... And maybe above 85 too.

Kästle LX85, 160cm - daily driver/mixed condition groomer ski. The ski love of my life.
Kästle FX85, 165cm - weird, slushy, soft snow easy ski. Bought them to gain confidence in bumpy conditions. Have not disappointed so far.
Rossi Hero Elite ST CA 161cm - ice skates. Had Sport Thoma put a beautiful stone grind and fresh 1/3 edge on them. Ended up skiing them all day in all conditions earlier this week. Tons of fun.

The Kastles have Attack2 13 demos because I buy all skis used. The Rossi is some kind of Look system binding.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Most of my quiver is staying the same going into this coming season. I am making 3 changes, not because the skis were bad but because of where I ski I am just making what I consider more appropriate swap out for me.

I'm selling my Redsters, not because I don't like them but because I want something to keep at Magic that will compliment my 85 underfoot Stockli Stormrider Motions. That ski will be a pair of Head World cup rebels, the non RD version. Then I'm selling my Big Nose kates because they just don't have the hard snow performance I need and at 92 underfoot I need some. If I lived in Tahoe or Colorado this would probably be my main skis. However, the tails kick out on me when it gets firm or if there's hard pack under the soft snow which is pretty common. Replacing those with some Volkl Secrets. Lastly while I like my Praxis freeride skis they are just a bit of work for me and at 106 underfoot I just don't ski them that much. I'm trading them for a pair of Blizzard Bonafides so at 98 underfoot i'll get a heck of a lot more use out of them. Also looking to build a touring ski and that will either be a Volkl 90 Eight or Nordica Santa Ana 100. I'd be totally fine with about 4 pairs of skis but we have a shed at Bromley and lockers at the condo so it's nice to be able to keep whatever skis I want a both places.

Michael's quiver is mostly the same

He's go this Stockli Laser AX's that HE LOVES, LOVES, LOVES he also LOVES his Volkl 90 Eights. His Black Crow Captis skis were just too soft for their width for him so I'm replacing them with a pair of Monster 88s. He'll get these in September.

Last edited:

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
Belleville, Ontario,/ Mont Tremblant, Quebec
View attachment 69225

Finally got enough skis in active rotation to call it a quiver. AND ditched the Volkl AC20s for good in favor of these slalom skis I picked up off craigslist super cheap last season. I think there's still space for something between 68 and 85mm underfoot, though... Hmm... And maybe above 85 too.

Kästle LX85, 160cm - daily driver/mixed condition groomer ski. The ski love of my life.
Kästle FX85, 165cm - weird, slushy, soft snow easy ski. Bought them to gain confidence in bumpy conditions. Have not disappointed so far.
Rossi Hero Elite ST CA 161cm - ice skates. Had Sport Thoma put a beautiful stone grind and fresh 1/3 edge on them. Ended up skiing them all day in all conditions earlier this week. Tons of fun.

The Kastles have Attack2 13 demos because I buy all skis used. The Rossi is some kind of Look system binding.

I have that same Rossi, it's now my rock skis. That is the Axium binding. And I feel much better than the Axial that is on the Ti version.

I will be selling my Rossi MT's as I'm not liking the edge hold. The tails seem to slip out. They don't on the Elite ST's. Replaced them with a Nordica that is similar to the Elite ST according to the rep's wife. They were supposed to be her skis, but she stuck with the Santa Anna's that her hubby rep's too.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Pulled skis out of the locker this am. I wanted to organize them in likely order of skiing so that the fatter ones were in the back and the narrower ones in front. While I had them out we took a family photo. I keep about half of these at Bromley once the season starts.

The carnage after I first pulled them out of the locker.

20190928_083626.jpg

Missing Stormrider 100s as they are still at home.

20190928_084351.jpg

The hard snow trio.
20190928_084551.jpg

My friend told me not to tell her husband how many skis we can get in these lockers....

20190928_084637.jpg
View attachment 81014

Last edited:

BMC

Out on the slopes
Skier
45D92FC2-D754-4350-A002-3BA4CCE22748.jpeg
2DC9DED3-42E8-426C-B520-E7477470E9A3.jpeg
E196A71D-8B58-4B8F-97FB-D5B0021FCD89.jpeg

Head Monster 83 @170cm
Blizzard Brahma @173cm
Salomon QLab @176cm
Salomon Mtn Lab @176cm

Missing are Salomon QST 99 @181cm with Dynafit Radical bindings

Boots

Lange RS 130 with Svenfit Gara liners
Lange RX 120 with Surefoot foam liners
Lange XT Free 110

No boot photos sorry!!

Very very happy with the quiver

dovski

Waxing my skis and praying for snow
Skier
I have the following:
Nordica Enforcer 110 @185
Nordica Enforcer93 @ 177
Volkl V-werks RTM @ 177
Stockli Laser SX @ 177
Boots are Lange SX 130 and retiring a pair of Salomon Xpro 130s

My 14 year old has the following:
Nordica Santa Ana 100 @ 169
Volkl ninety eight @ 163
Fischer multi event ski @ 160
Boots are Head Nexo LYT 100 W

12 year old has
Head Kore 87 JR @ 162
Head Irace mulit event ski @ 160
Boots are Tecnica Cochise 95 W

9 year old has
Head Kore 87 JR @ 135
Head I race JR @ 130
Boots are Technic Inferno 90 JR

My wife has
Head Total Joy @158
Boots are Salomon Xpro 80 W

We also have 10 extra pairs of boots in various sizes to accommodate growing feet, and another 4 pairs of skis for my son to grow into.

My wife's quiver is a work in progress with a pair of Stockli SR85s on order

Invested in some new wall racks for the skis this summer as the old racks were at their limit, now have space for 5 more pairs of skis. Also added the ski pole rack and used some of the old ski racks for helmets. Now just need a good solution for ski boot storage :)

quiver.jpg

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
My SO was kind enough to switch ski lockers with me as mine had these baskets and his didn't. We switched and now I have much more room which isn't a big deal during the season because I move some skis to Bromley. However, it's critical during the off season that everything fit in there nicely. Now it's perfect. Since had them all out I took a photo. Here are Michael's skis.

71497645_10156787939728014_7544753183826903040_n.jpg

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
659DDF6C-0B54-4267-8C1E-F151BCD7752B.jpeg

Bad sign when your quiver has changed 3 times since Spring started. Lol
Had them all out today to remove storage wax.

Added the Dynastar Slicer 181cm/Attack2 13 to the mix along with adding Intuition liners and Booster straps to the Atomic Hawx 130 boots.