• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Listening to you guys make me want a old pair of Katana’s. The V-Works version is my favorite powder ski. Damn you puggers.
My current line-up.

View attachment 56870

Stockily Laser SC 177
Volkl M5 177
Faction Dictators 182
Renoun Endurance 98 - 184
V-Werks Katana 184
Uphill Mantra 177
Nothing wrong with what you have there.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Listening to you guys make me want a old pair of Katana’s. The V-Works version is my favorite powder ski. Damn you puggers.
My current line-up.

I feel REALLY bad for you ONLY having 6 pairs of great skis in your quiver. :roflmao:

Just hope the other kids at school don’t tease you for not having older 191 Katana’s. Lol

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Uphill Mantra

(with apologies to Weebl)

Shuffle shuffle shuffle shuffle

Kick turn! Kick turn!

Kick turn! Kick turn!

POST HOLE! Post Hole!
Oh no, post hole!

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
I'll be running a 4 ski (+ rock ski) quiver this year.

180cm Blizzard Bonafide for daily driver
184cm (reserved at shop- might go for 189) ON3P Billygoat for resort powder
179cm G3 Findr 102 w/dynafit radicals for longer/uphill focused tours
184cm Moment Wildcat Tours w/Shifts for downhill focused tours and side-country

182cm Salomon Shogun for rocks

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
I'll be running a 4 ski (+ rock ski) quiver this year.

180cm Blizzard Bonafide for daily driver
184cm (reserved at shop- might go for 189) ON3P Billygoat for resort powder
179cm G3 Findr 102 w/dynafit radicals for longer/uphill focused tours
184cm Moment Wildcat Tours w/Shifts for downhill focused tours and side-country

182cm Salomon Shogun for rocks

Just remember that On3p measures based on length post-pressing. Their 184 is most manufacturers 187.

Mike Rogers

Out on the slopes
Skier
Just remember that On3p measures based on length post-pressing. Their 184 is most manufacturers 187.

Yeah, they measure long. I like a longer ski when it is deep...but I figure 184 should be enough.

Still, I'll take a look at the bigs when the shop get's their ON3P order.

I figure I can always take the Moments out if I am looking to get into tighter terrain and use the BGs for the alpine. But, we will see.

NZRob

Skiing the Rock
Skier
Some of these quivers give me feelings of inadequacy. :drool: Apart from two pairs of Bonafide rock skis, mine is:

2018 Bonafide 180cm
2018 Head iTitan 177cm

Covers all the bases I need covered (and can legitimately justify) ...especially with three other keen and rapidly developing skiers to provision :)

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Head Titans are here so the updated is as follows:

2106 Dynastar Omeglass Speed ti 67 underfoot 163cm - carver, early season, low tide ski

2017 Head SuperShape Titan 80 underfoot 163cm - didn't need the Rally with my Dynastars so decided to get the Titan which still has the hard pack chops but can play some in mixed conditions. I demoed the Titan on a moderate snow day at Sunshine Village in Banff and I had such a blast.

2018 Armada Victa 87ti 87 underfoot 171cm. Mixed condition ski. Never been on it but it's so highly recommended and I bought on a deal so excited to ski it.

2017 Meier Quickdraw 88 underfoot 166cm. Mixed condition ski. Very competent in hard pack and super fun in spring bumps. Definite overlap with the Armadas but I plan on keeping both for the unforseeable future.

2017 Meier Wild Bills 98 underfoot 170cm. Powder/slush ski. Super fun in powder. Does hard pack decent but not ice.

2018 Praxis Freeride 174cm 104 underfoot. Plan is for powder/ spring ski. Will come out west with me. Unmounted, needs bindings.

Last edited:

OldJeep

Getting off the lift
Skier
Down to 2 "pairs", need to pick up a fun/junk ski for the season so that I don't trash the atomics when the snow is bad. Hopefully can find a pair of Rictors that are in decent shape, had them as demos in the past and I liked the way they held on ice. May also consider a pair of new, softer boots.
182 Atomic Redsters
180 Duret MidCarv
IMAG0675.jpg

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
@Guy in Shorts how do you like the dictator? I am intrigued by that ski.
Love the grab the Dictators any day that I can squeeze them in. Skiing the storm, charging thru cut up crud, pounding sun softened moguls these boards can handle it all. Like to keep my feet on the snow most of the time but if air is needed I want the security of these skis. Really is a more Western bowl type charger that I can’t wait to take on a trip. My only complaint is that have taken the place of my beloved Katana’s on too many days. Check out the Faction 2019 thread in the Gear section another post and link to my review.

Gatopescado

I never go to the base lodge
Skier
Strict Old-Schooler here. K2 TNC, Extreme 8.3 (207s) and KPS (Kevlar Pro Staff, KVC prototypes with a metal skin, 204). Got a pair of KVC's I'm trying to 'rehabilitate' by reintroducing camber. Had 'em clamped with a spacer for about 4 years. We'll see...

Well, and the many Head 360s, but I don't use them anymore. ;)

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
61DA4592-D887-4135-8001-A3A32551AC08.jpeg

184cm Moment Bibby/Attack2 13 for playful powder charging.

184 Line Sir Francis Bacon/Attack2 13 for soft/Spring snow

180 Blizzard Rustler 9/Attack 2 13 for Daily Driver

181 Head Framewall/Attack 13 for park, hard snow and bumps.

Atomic Hawx Ultra 130 boots

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Paid for these a bit ago but it's been a bear coordinating schedules with the Meier rep who's busier than I am. I think they might be in my hot little hands this weekend. 92 underfoot and just a ton of fun. Ironically these are the actual skis I demoed last April in Killington. Myles has tuned them up for me so they are set to go. This will be my third pair of Meier skis. If this keeps up I can set up my own demo tent lmao!!

47073666_10156071185768014_8663542763721064448_n.jpg

Quiver

2106 Dynastar Omeglass Speed ti 163cm - carver, early season, low tide ski

2017 Head Titan 163cm 80 underfoot. to go out when I still want a carver but don't need the SL ski

2018 Armada Invicta 87ti 171cm 87 underfoot with attack 13 bindings. Hope to take these out this weekend at mount snow. Mixed condition ski.

2017 Meier Quickdraw 166cm 88 underfoot with attack 13 bindings. Mixed condition ski. Very competent in hard pack and super fun in spring bumps.

2017 Meier Big Nose Kates 92 underfoot with attack 13 bindings. Mixed condition ski. Possible overlaps with other narrower skis but I'll ski them all.

2017 Meier Wild Bills 170cm 98 underfoot with attack 13 bindings. Powder/slush ski. Does hard pack decent but not ice. Love these things.

2018 Praxis Freeride 104 underfoot, 174cm. Plan is for powder/ spring ski. Will come out west with me. UNMOUNTED

Might use Big Nose Kates or WIld Bills for a skinning set up but we'll see.

Last edited:

PisteOff

Jeff
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I'm on the road for work so I narrowed it down to two pair. I've brought the Renoun Z-90's and Armada ARV 116 JJ's with me and a pair of Salomon XPro 120's.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Took out my armada victa 87 tis today and wasnt wowed. It was harder packed than i was bargaining for and the armadas didn't deliver. Overall they were easy to turn and maneuverable but I wasn't impressed with their hard pack prowess. That's not why i bought them but as a mixed condition ski i need them to be fun in the soft snow AND have hard packed chops. Not feeling it so far One run in these and off to the demo tents i went. Volkl Secret and Stockli Stormrider motion 85 blew the armadas away. I will take them out a couple more times to see but their fate isn't looking good.

luliski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Took out my armada victa 87 tis today and wasnt wowed. It was harder packed than i was bargaining for and the armadas didn't deliver. Overall they were easy to turn and maneuverable but I wasn't impressed with their hard pack prowess. That's not why i bought them but as a mixed condition ski i need them to be fun in the soft snow AND have hard packed chops. Not feeling it so far One run in these and off to the demo tents i went. Volkl Secret and Stockli Stormrider motion 85 blew the armadas away. I will take them out a couple more times to see but their fate isn't looking good.
I've only skied twice so far this season, but both times were with the Armada Victa 87Tis. I felt they were fine on hard pack/ ice as long as it wasn't a flat slope. I took them on one low angle run where there was ice, and I was a little insecure. I felt comfortable on the steeper hard pack though. i took them through some chunky hard snow and they were great. I'm having fun on them, but I don't have other narrower skis to compare them too.

Sponsor

Staff online