• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Kbat117

Doing snow dances
Skier
-2014 Rossignol Soul 7 188cm
My Utah daily drivers. Have been great for every condition I have found at Snowbasin... With the exception of feeling like a racer on the groomers ;)

-Fischer Hybrid 8.0
5 or 6 year old set of used rental skis I bought for $100. Works for teaching and as a rock ski. Really bad bindings though so I don't trust them for anything to aggressive.

Hoping to add some Liberty Orgin 96 (or something similar) to my quiver as a option I can bomb around on and hit jumps when there isn't new snow.

MountainMonster

~0~
Skier
quiver.jpg

I will be starting the season with these......

Mothertucker

Sweep Dodger
Skier
These will be on my active roster for the next season. 187 Elan Spectrum 95, whose race has nearly run, for thin cover. 177 Head Monster 98, new DD, shorties! 185 G3 Saint 93, backcountry DD. 186 Black Diamond Aspect 90, backcountry, second string. 182 Dynafit Hokkaido 117, for Beldar quans of backcountry bliss, just need to find some low tech bindings and fat skins for 'em.
IMG_20171017_103812.jpg

jmeb

Enjoys skiing.
Skier
These will be on my active roster for the next season. 187 Elan Spectrum 95, whose race has nearly run, for thin cover. 177 Head Monster 98, new DD, shorties! 185 G3 Saint 93, backcountry DD. 186 Black Diamond Aspect 90, backcountry, second string. 182 Dynafit Hokkaido 117, for Beldar quans of backcountry bliss, just need to find some low tech bindings and fat skins for 'em. View attachment 32305

Slick group. I've now got 4 days on my monsters (same deal, but I needed ice-skates so went M83) -- they like an attentive pilot but wow are they rewarding.

For the skins and bindings:
- Skins $105 that match the ski. They are rebranded Pomoca's and are definitely nice skins. https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/dynafit-speedskin-hokkaido/1313195/p
- Speed Turn 2.0s for $220. Simple, reliable, and time tested. https://www.snowinn.com/ski-store/dynafit-speed-turn-2.0/136498823/p

Shipped to your door for <$350. I've order via Snowinn before. Takes a couple of weeks but no major problems.

Last edited:

Paul S.

Keeping an old man young, one turn at a time.
Skier
Attitash Bretton Wds Wildcat NH/ Powder Mtn UT
I guess it is time to update my quiver:

2018 Blizzard Bramha
2017 Head Titan
2016 Blizzard Bramha
2015 Head Rally

I just sold my Rossi Super 7's. I just haven't enjoyed the real wide skis the last few years. My experience is that they are really lame in chowder and you get chowder at most ski areas by midday after a dump. Way too much deflection! Last year I spent a couple of weeks at Powder Mountain, UT. I skied the Super 7's in 2 big dumps. After the next storm (17 inches) I dialed down my rotary, and used my Brahmas instead of the Rossi's and to my surprise, I really enjoyed them in the deep powder!! Of course they were really great in the cut up' snow as well. I am thinking I might go with the Nordica Enforcer 100 as a replacement for the Ross's- probably an ever better crud ski than the Bramha.

Marker

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Due to being a (perpetually) advancing intermediate, I've not really built up much of a quiver, but I like what I have for my size (6'6", 230 lb). I've been thinking about adding an east coast powder/crud/mogul ski to round out my quiver. I did like a Fischer Ranger I demoed a few years ago when I selected the Elan's as my all-mountain DD. The Rossi was a blast last season on the groomed runs, but a lot of work for me in crud. I guess both are a bit long in turn radius, which suits my style. The rest are the family's skis.

2013 Elan Amphibio 88XTi, 186 cm, with Look Pivot 12 bindings
2016 Rossignol Hero Elite LT Ti, 183 cm, with Axial 3 bindings

IMG_20170517_200522245.jpg

Hypergruv

"Suck At the Highest Level"
Skier
Rossignol E88 - 172
Rocky Mountain Underground (RMU) Apostle 105 - 175
Icelantic Nomad 115 - 171

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester

BoofHead

Getting on the lift
Skier
Ninthward RDS are my daughters and the little Troublemakers were my sons.
I have used or still use the rest. Also have a pair of monster im77s (my first one ski quiver)
The Boomerangs have been my go to skis for awhile now but ill probably go skinny for my Feb trip to Japan and take the Dynafits as I’m going to Honshu rather than Hokkaido.
My old Mantras haven’t been out since my last trip to US in 2012 but will be dusted off for a US trip in Jan.
Boof Jnr has inherited my K2s but he prefers MissBoof’s Ninthwards.

EFB232CA-9981-4B68-89E6-939165D31732.jpeg

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Rally's are now part of the family

2016 Atomic Redster XTI 164cm
2014 Head Supershape iRally 163cm
2016 Stockli Laser AX 167cm
2016 Volkl Kenja 170cm
2017 Meier Wild Bill 170cm
2018 Nordica Santa Ana 110 169cm

Rally's are going out for the first time this sunday. If I like them I plan to sell the Redsters as the Rally's are more versatile and I don't need both. Having the Stockli's really mean there's not much place for the Redsters. My Redsters are my ice skates but I should know more about their fate after this weekend.

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
Sold another pair

Lineup

2014 Head Supershape Rally 163cm
2016 Stockli Laser AX 167cm
2016 Volkl Kenja 170cm
2017 Meier Wild Bill 170cm
2018 Nordica Santa Ana 110 169cm

This is it. No more changes to be made. Nothing more to sell. Perhaps another acquisition or two but I'm not selling anything else.

SnoKarver

In the parking lot (formerly "At the base lodge")
Skier
No pics, but I'll fix that when the new skis come in... and I'm gonna post them in order of how much I ski on 'em in the season...

Icelantic Shaman 173, 13m radius. Just nutzo fun, I ski on these the most. Carving fun in everything. A little boaty in tight bumps, the "tortoise" top sheet.
Head SuperShape Magnum 163, 12.5 meter radius. Holy crap these are a riot. A little allergic to firm bumpy terrain, but WOW! Just crazy FUN for carving.
Volant Machete FatBastards, 163, 21m radius. My favorite spring mush skis, and actually decent in bumps too. Shane McConkey, yayuss.
Stockli Stormrider Fry, 173, 26m radius, go anywhere, grippy as hell in hard snow, not as strong as the Heads... firm in terrain, skinnier than most of my quiver.
Volant Genesis "Gold", 180, 16m radius, first generation Austrian Volants. They are fun, amusing in bumps.
Volant ZMaz G, 207, 28m radius. My last "straight ski", Funny, it's close to new FIS rules now. I try to go out on these a few times a season, night skiing at Keystone.

I have become a fan of short radius, very stable skis. Don't ever tell me you can't carve on a 110 wide ski when I'm on my Shamans. :micdrop:

So, I got weird this year. I have a pair of Slant Blurs coming in sometime soon. First early rise tip ski for me. 170, I got 'em for bump skiing.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Volant ZMaz G, 207, 28m radius. My last "straight ski", Funny, it's close to new FIS rules now. I try to go out on these a few times a season, night skiing at Keystone.
That G-Max was an amazing ski, one of the first GS skis with a tip over 90mm...93MM IIRC.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
Although I have several pairs of skis, they only exist as testament of my mistakes. They got taken out occasionally if my primary skis are being serviced or I’m instructing etc.

I have but one pair of skis that is my go to skis because it does everything better than the other skis I’ve had. Really, the rest are all my “rock skis” except I don’t ski when I can see rocks... so you get the idea.

I haven’t found any situation that I need or even want a different skis. So as it stands, I have a quiver of one: the Volkl Kenja (don’t remember the exact model year, probably 15 or 16)

Jeffc7

Booting up
Skier
Way too many. I sold 5 pairs last year and still have:
Rossi Hero ST
Rossi Hero LT
Stockli AX
Stockli Stormrider 88
Rossi E 100 (2, but giving 1 to friend)
Nordica Capo
Nordica Helldorado
Rossi Soul 7 HD (probably will find it’s way to the classifieds, impulse buy)

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January