• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
DPS phantom applied to my 3-pair quiver. Working great. No more waxing!

That reminds me, I Phantom’d my Renoun Z-90’s brand-new out of the box. Working great: 15 days so far and no waxing done, no waxing needed.

DoryBreaux

Not the Pixar Character
Industry Insider
SkiTalk Tester
Please tell more. What are the new socks and what does it do that the old didn't?

Dissent Labs pro tour. It's a hybrid compression sock. I put my foot into it when I leave the house, and when it goes into my boot, it stays the same size all day. Nothing changes about how my foot and boot interact throughout the day. At all. Comfiest, best performing, most expensive sock I've ever used. Totally worth the $50 price tag. I'm about to spend way too much money on socks.

BC.

NEPA ShopRat/Skier
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Dissent Labs pro tour. It's a hybrid compression sock. I put my foot into it when I leave the house, and when it goes into my boot, it stays the same size all day. Nothing changes about how my foot and boot interact throughout the day. At all. Comfiest, best performing, most expensive sock I've ever used. Totally worth the $50 price tag. I'm about to spend way too much money on socks.

Lol...I just bought some pairs of Dissent socks too.....

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
Toes need room. One of these days when the Cro-Magnons start dying off, even racers will realize crushing the toes in is a bad idea. Too much history there though. All it takes is the next Hirscher/Mikaela to do it and win a lot.

Holding the top of the foot down is important. Not crushing it, but eliminating vertcal movement.

Hestra makes heated liner gloves?

James, FWIW, don't know where you're getting your information, but WC racers aren't getting their toes crushed. The local U16 kid listening to a coach who's information is antiquated might be, but those days are gone on the big stage.

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
EXACTLY what I feel. I am a terminal "turn shopper" which is one reason the short radius turns I think are proving to be invaluable for me. Stop thinking and TURN.

I have to ask what is meant by the terms "turn shopper" or "shopping for turns?" I'm guessing it is a hesitancy?
Thanks!

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
Consciously Shortening the support leg to get off the old turn appears to be a winning move for me.

Works in all sorts of situations.

Daves not here

Getting off the lift
Skier
Whats working?
  • Purl Purple wax (and the bourbon consumed during application)
  • FTP Gloves (2 pair)
  • Head Vector 120 boots - got them mid season last year and loving them more and more
  • 2016 Bonafides with Carbon - try as I might to replace them - they just flat out perform. The new boots really improved my time on them - allowed a bit more aggressive approach which just made them shine
  • Smith Chroma-pop goggles - new this year
  • my knee -- always good news on that

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Getting back on a narrow ski after a decade living on the wide boards. Spent 27 ski days on some Stockli Laser SC’s and I learned some things.
1. I still love the feel of a slalom ski.
2. A slalom ski works anywhere a wide ski will.
3. Super powder ski for a half foot fresh.
4. Fun in the trees and bumps.
5. Better ski for our weekly bum races.
6. Narrow works better than expected skiing my normal 30/70 piste/off piste.
After checking off all the boxes by passing the month long demo these “Sports Car” of a ski have earned a spot in my daily driver quiver.
Pugski is guilty again of making me ski mindfully rather than mindlessly.

Guy in Shorts

Tree Psycho
Skier
Getting back on a narrow ski after a decade living on the wide boards. Spent 27 ski days on some Stockli Laser SC’s and I learned some things.
1. I still love the feel of a slalom ski.
2. A slalom ski works anywhere a wide ski will.
3. Super powder ski for a half foot fresh.
4. Fun in the trees and bumps.
5. Better ski for our weekly bum races.
6. Narrow works better than expected skiing my normal 30/70 piste/off piste.
After checking off all the boxes by passing the month long demo these “Sports Car” of a ski have earned a spot in my daily driver quiver.
Pugski is guilty again of making me ski mindfully rather than mindlessly.

Reactions: Ron

Andy Mink

Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
-Head Raptor 140RS at 130. Replacing the Tecnica Cochise 130s so I could:
-Cant the boots. 2° to the medial side. Big difference in conjunction with:
-3mm gas pedal to get me a bit more upright. Big calves push me uncomfortably forward.
-Kulkea Thermal Trekker bag. SOOOOO nice to easily put on warm boots and keep them warm with:
-Therm-ic boot heaters that replaced some Hotronics.
-Having the AH-HAH moment of getting my weight transferred more downhill earlier in the turn initiation and getting a better feel of the Infinity Move.
-Enjoying seeing @AKMINK enjoying skiing more and more. Biggest game changer for her so far this year is tongue shims to take up space between her shin and the tongue without having to crank the buckles down. Instant improvement in skiing and confidence.

Now to get my Hart Pulses mounted and go out and play more!

Bruuuce

My advice is worth what you paid for it.
Skier
Helping my intervanced skier wife improve her skiing. Showing her drills has forced me to do them too and reminds me to ski properly when I'm lazy. I do envy the week to week improvement I see in her skiing. Wish mine could improve that fast.

More importantly, buying @Ron 's old orange pants have made all the difference. I just feel cooler so I ski better!

Sponsor

Staff online