What's the Best Ski?

Discussion in 'Hardgoods: Skis, Bindings, Poles, and More' started by Philpug, Dec 19, 2016.

1. AmyPJ

AmyPJ Let's go! Pugski Ski Tester

Best ski? Yesterday, in 16 inches of fresh with some windblown/sheered off at Snowbasin were my 2015 Nordica Santa Anas. I haven't skied them in two years and have no earthly idea why I ever thought I needed a different powder ski. I'll be holding onto these for a long time, especially since they changed the construction in them by adding titanal, and the newer version is stiffer than I like.

RumbaRockette and cantunamunch like this.
  2. jgiddyup

jgiddyup Asst. Gathermeister--Utah Skier Team Gathermeister

Like Amy I got back on my Fischer Watea 94 during last years Gathering (powder/crud/groomers) and wondered why I ever left. I bought a couple more specialty Nordica ski's ( HellnBack and Fire Arrow76Ti) and in most conditions the Fischers win. Admittedly the Fischers are longer at 186 so that may be a big factor but I couldn't be happier including the wind buff and scoured snow the last few days at Breckenridge.

Ski shops will not be happy, but I'll not be looking for new ski's anytime soon. Lightweight and full camber please.

David Chaus and AmyPJ like this.
  3. RumbaRockette

RumbaRockette Putting on skis Skier

I absolutely adore my two pairs of Icelantic Skis. I'm not even sure why I held out so long. I ended up demoing them at Loveland in December... I fell in love with the Maiden 111's & 101's. I ended up getting both.

I use the 101's seventy to eighty percent of the time. They're absolutely great for almost all uses, including powder. The 111's are just that one notch better though in powder.

They're usually a talking point when I get on the lift. I get people local to CO noticing them right away and telling me how much they love theirs that they had or tried, and visitors mostly complimenting the look & asking where I got them.

Philpug likes this.
  4. Bad Bob

Bad Bob old n' slow Skier

Home with 'Children of the Sun' in the PNW
    Still the red ones. Hands down!

5. Lorenzzo

Lorenzzo Right On The Line Skier

I really like Icelantic's graphics and know devoted fans. I also like their business model.

But shouldn't it be Icelandic?

6. RumbaRockette

RumbaRockette Putting on skis Skier

Nope. I have a friend who is Icelandic - definitely not the same thing. :)

Lorenzzo likes this.