• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's on TV?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Godfather marathon on HBO right now.. got the disks but hey, don't have to get off the couch to get them..

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Top Gun on Hulu...I feel the need..the need...for speed!

fatbob

Not responding
Skier
I'm currently doing Sons of Anarchy "box sets" on streaming. Loving the Hamlet/Macbeth reworking

Dave Petersen

Graphic Designer/Social Media Manager
Admin
SkiTalk Supporter
I usually watch Hogan's Heroes during the week before I go to bed.

Watching Hogan's Heroes reruns was usually the first thing I did when I came home from grade school.

I also enjoy The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead -- kind of bummed there are no new episodes for a while.

Last edited:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
IMO, The Americans on FX and A&E's Bates Motel are the two best series on now. They are currently the only shows I have the patience to sit thru.
Can't really comment on premium channels such as HBO etc., I don't subscribe.
I try to catch Real Time With Bill Maher and John Oliver online.
Just starting to watch W. Kamau Bell on CNN.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Umm, the Giro d'Italia?

Watching Nibali lose more than a minute to both Kruiswijk and Valverde was just gut-wrenching, even without the mechanical, even without the possible fan interference. Ooof.

Gunpowder: Treason and Plot on the rest days - it isn't really the best historical drama on right now but its refreshing in its portrayal of Mary Stewart as at least politically competent - which after 13 years in the french court she could not help but be. Kevin McKidd is finally back in a suitable role - which IMO he hasn't been since Rome.

Last edited:

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
World hockey championship. Canada wins gold second year in a row. Woo.. have to say they looked dominant. That Brad Marchand is a miserable little rat bastard but ya hafta love him when he's on your team.

Bill Talbot

Vintage Gear Curator
Industry Insider
World hockey championship. Canada wins gold second year in a row. Woo.. have to say they looked dominant. That Brad Marchand is a miserable little rat bastard but ya hafta love him when he's on your team.

Well you don't hafta... I know I couldn't :nono:

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I killed my TV almost 3 years ago. One of the best things I ever did...
That's Great, I'm ROTFLMAO!!!!!

I've yet to reach your level of conviction. Am down to one HDTV panel in the den ... Well, technically two. There is a smaller panel upstairs for when my mom needs a break from the confines of the city and stays here for a day or two. I use that room for the extra closet space and an alternate bathroom. I never watch the set in there, doubt it has 300hours on it.

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
I really enjoyed The Americans and Sons of Anarchy. Vikings on History was great too -- waiting for that 4th season, and the new season of The Americans, to hit Amazon. Right now I'm really enjoying Bosch, an Amazon original. Mad Dogs was a great Amazon original too. And yeah, all these shows are on Amazon Prime streaming, as Amazon Prime is my only subscription. No cable for me. :popcorn:

ErikL

AKA Bro12
Skier
No, I'd never heard of it but Wikipedia makes it sound pretty interesting. Alas, it's on BBC so I doubt I'll be able to watch it anytime soon.

Speaking of BBC and Amazon, it looks like Clarkson and co's new show The Grand Tour will be hitting Amazon this fall. Can't wait!

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
We didn't kill the TV, but we did cut the cord.
...ok so I'm an idiot - but what does that even mean ... cut the cord and left the TV in place as a decorative icon of an era? Are you trying to tell Bill that anger management classes work? :huh:

Last edited:

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
...ok so I'm an idiot - but what does that even mean ... cut the cord and left the TV in place as a decorative icon of an era? :huh:
Cancelled cable.

We do have a antenna soe we get local braodcasts along with an AppleTV so we have Netflix, Hulu, MLBtv.

neonorchid

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Cancelled cable.

We do have a antenna soe we get local braodcasts along with an AppleTV so we have Netflix, Hulu, MLBtv.
Alright, for a moment there I was worried Trica turned you into an intellectual La Te Da above watching television:eek:

I often say I'm gonna cancel cable and put an antenna in the attic but never go thru with it. I am down to one cable box on one set. I hooked up an antenna to the upstairs set which is practically never used, guess you could say I'm halfway there, LOL.

cantunamunch

Meh
Skier
Alright, for a moment there I was worried Trica turned you into an intellectual La Te Da above watching television:eek:

I often say I'm gonna cancel cable and put an antenna in the attic but never go thru with it. I am down to one cable box on one set. I hooked up an antenna to the upstairs set which is practically never used, guess you could say I'm halfway there, LOL.

OFC, Achilles was always halfway to catching up to the tortoise...:D

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
We have everything BUT cable. Cable costs twice as much as Dish Network around here and Dish is the only vendor that gives the fox sports alternate channels for free (or no extra charge that is.. nothing is "free")