• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's for Lunch Today?

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Fancy or not, what did you assemble for your mid day intake?

Ramen noodles with leftover steak chunks today! One of my typical lunches.. leftovers with 14 cent noodles and a can of pop.

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
@crgildart how do you get to 14 cent noodles? I'm impressed. My Nissan ramen noodles are 59cent/pkg, unless I get them in a case. These noodles, some frozen fish/squid balls, celery, and green onions are a typical at home lunch for me. Rough cost is around 1.50-1.75, which I thought was doing well until your post ;-)

But, alas, today is an office work day and I didn't pack lunch, so it'll be an expensive day.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier
Leftover Bar Pie: Soppressata, fresh mozzarella, grana, calabrian chiles, castelvetrano olives and pomodoro. Washing it down with a Troegs Nugget Nectar since it's 65 degrees and raining on March 1st and the local mountains decided to close on my one day off to ski.

pizza.JPG pizza.JPG

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
As with most days, a bowl of green chili with chips from Illegal Pete's. I'll supplement today with a cranberry kombucha.

My other go-to is the cajun sausage meal from Boulder Bowls. Brown rice and spicy stuff.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Gary that sucks that your home hill had to close. Many are now shut down mid week trying to eeek out a couple more weekends. , I'm staying close to home this weekend but may grab a few siah nara laps up at Appalachian if they are still open on the 11th

Jersey Skier

Skier
Gary that sucks that your home hill had to close. Many are now shut down mid week trying to eeek out a couple more weekends. , I'm staying close to home this weekend but may grab a few siah nara laps up at Appalachian if they are still open on the 11th

This one is the most depressing. Plattekill was 100% open with all the woods skiable only 2 weeks ago.

platt.jpg

scott43

So much better than a pro
Skier
Leftovers..what else.. :nono: Today it's leftover chicken stir fry with rice noodles. I actually don't generally mind leftovers but I have a hard time with 3 days of spaghetti and meatsauce... :doh::huh:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Leftovers..what else.. :nono: Today it's leftover chicken stir fry with rice noodles. I actually don't generally mind leftovers but I have a hard time with 3 days of spaghetti and meatsauce... :doh::huh:

Two identical meals in a row (even if I have a different breakfast) is my limit.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
@Jersey Skier - that looks like what I'm having for dinner !

Base of Platty is currently 61* so a few of us skiers will be drowning our sorrows with several similar beverages this evening. The woods were fun while they lasted.

Lorenzzo

Be The Snow
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Grilled turkey and gruyere sangwich. One of my stable mates also brought over blueberry pie.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Leftover Bar Pie: Soppressata, fresh mozzarella, grana, calabrian chiles, castelvetrano olives and pomodoro. Washing it down with a Troegs Nugget Nectar since it's 65 degrees and raining on March 1st and the local mountains decided to close on my one day off to ski.

View attachment 20303 View attachment 20303
Yes, Blue Mt. closed today and it is your day off, that stinks. What bar did the bar pie come from? I may be in the neighborhood sometime soon.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Since today is Ash Wednesday March 1, 2017 and yesterday was "Fat Tuesday" PB&J was on the lunch menu.

Jersey Skier

Skier
@Jersey Skier - that looks like what I'm having for dinner !

Base of Platty is currently 61* so a few of us skiers will be drowning our sorrows with several similar beverages this evening. The woods were fun while they lasted.

Well at least you won't have to drown your sorrows for too long. It's hard for me to feel bad for someone leaving for the Alps for two weeks.

BTW, your bike should show up tomorrow.

BS Slarver

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Yeah, yeah.... I know. I'll stop sobbing on Saturday!
Bumming out for / with the locals, shops, inn keepers and mtn staff.
Ski patrol BBQ benefit this weekend and torchlight will be a bit of a challenge.

Thanks for the MTB update.

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January