• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What's for Lunch Today?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
We ordered Indian today so Malai Kofta with garlic naan it is.

25073222_10155245339708014_6571345309102772134_o.jpg

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Not sure if I should put this here, or the 'Go to comfort food " thread , or the "'worlds best lobster roll' (I didn't want to start a fight on that again!), but I'll put it here because its what I had for lunch today. .Sometimes you get a craving for something good.

20180830_124630_HDR_resized.jpg

It was darn good. And it just may be the Worlds Best.

graham418

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
At the farmers market today..... What you get when two cultures meet.. Lobster Samosas!! Delish!! There were 2 but ate 1 before I could take a pic

20180901_110706_HDR_resized.jpg

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
IMG_20181007_120012.jpg Went to the farmers market for persimmons and found some yellow mushrooms instead. It's been a long time itch. Don't quite think I got the omelette right with the portions of flavors, but a good first attempt.

SnowbirdDevotee

Putting on skis
Skier
Two identical meals in a row (even if I have a different breakfast) is my limit.
Ha. On Sunday it's take-out pizza(plus maybe stromboli or wings) at 6pm followed by a Scrabble game with wife. Often I'll eat the left over pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner the next day!

My lunch pantry is always stocked with canned sardines, mackerel, and tuna(Cento only!). Indian bean bags and various noodle bowls. Good cheese and olives.

The 9pm snack is usually yogurt (dipped from big container, not the singles) with nuts (Sams pistachio mix my fav), and dried prunes/dates/cherries, a spoon or two of natural peanut butter and/or fruit. Of course in the summer it's more often than not a big piece of watermelon cut up. note: NEVER snack after dinner before 9pm or you'll get/be fat!! At 7pm I start on a tall glass of fizzy (calorie free) water mixed with ice and seltzer.

My leftover rule is 2 day max(total of 3). Some things are actually better the 2nd day, and others I won't eat the 3rd day.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Ha. On Sunday it's take-out pizza(plus maybe stromboli or wings) at 6pm followed by a Scrabble game with wife. Often I'll eat the left over pizza for breakfast lunch and dinner the next day!

My lunch pantry is always stocked with canned sardines, mackerel, and tuna(Cento only!). Indian bean bags and various noodle bowls. Good cheese and olives.

The 9pm snack is usually yogurt (dipped from big container, not the singles) with nuts (Sams pistachio mix my fav), and dried prunes/dates/cherries, a spoon or two of natural peanut butter and/or fruit. Of course in the summer it's more often than not a big piece of watermelon cut up. note: NEVER snack after dinner before 9pm or you'll get/be fat!! At 7pm I start on a tall glass of fizzy (calorie free) water mixed with ice and seltzer.

My leftover rule is 2 day max(total of 3). Some things are actually better the 2nd day, and others I won't eat the 3rd day.

Pizza is different! It's in its own category.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier

What's left over pizza??? Is it like left over wine???

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
Last 3 days have been very meaty for this normally veg oriented eater. Body feels like I will soon be growing gills. Tuesday below Redding caught in the Sacto a fresh silvery 16 pound chinook and consumed way too large chunks for lunch Wednesday and Friday and an overflowing salted cold turkey leftover sandwich Thursday that will repeat today. Got to consume such while fresh lest too much need to go into the freezer.

LouD-Truckee

no drivel here....⛷️⛷️⛷️
Skier
yellowfin.... medjool dates.... almonds.... dehydrated sweet potato chips.... damn.... did I really just write that ???

Plai

Paul Lai
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Leftovers from dinner this week.... Lightly seasoned Chinese 5 spice pork stew with brown rice...

IMG_20181201_114910.jpg

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
My ski lunch: apple slices, baby carrots, cheese, salami, trail mix ... and a few slices of corned beef. Corned beef is my new favorite ski food. Delicious, filling, and it's not hard to sneak a few bites in a lift line.

Yesterday, it was cold enough that the baby carrots in my outer pocket froze. Maybe not solid, but they had a frost rime.

James

Out There
Instructor
An excuse to eat good bread.

Roasted tomatoes, shallots, garlic, hot pepper. s&p, Blue cheese. Had no apples.
Beead is white with wheat and some rye, apricots, cranberries, sour cherries, sesame seeds, natural yeast..
IMG_5747.JPG

Anyone know of dried cranberries or cherries not covered in oil and sugar? The bulk stuff you get is aways coated to prevent sticking. Though I'm not sure a human is capable of eating an unsweetened cranberry. Like unsweetened tonic water.

SkiNurse

Spontaneous Christy
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
An excuse to eat good bread.

Roasted tomatoes, shallots, garlic, hot pepper. s&p, Blue cheese. Had no apples.
Beead is white with wheat and some rye, apricots, cranberries, sour cherries, sesame seeds, natural yeast..
View attachment 62322

Anyone know of dried cranberries or cherries not covered in oil and sugar? The bulk stuff you get is aways coated to prevent sticking. Though I'm not sure a human is capable of eating an unsweetened cranberry. Like unsweetened tonic water.
:drool:

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
I made polenta with heavy cream and butter a couple of days ago.

I remembered it as being hard. It is not. It is super easy. This could be trouble.

Jersey Skier

aka RatherPlayThanWork or Gary
Skier

Yes. My wife spends a fortune at this place.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Working from home has its perks - enough so that I have to remind myself that I should spend some of my work days in the office, too.

Technically, I could have made these in the office, but I don't have to plan it out and use a million containers when I'm at home. I've actually made tostadas in the office toaster oven several times. The trick is catching the tortillas before they start burning and smell up the whole office ...

20190122_115049.jpg
Pictured: Nachos

Sponsor

Staff online