What's for Lunch Today?

crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Always trying to improve is a good thing so I tried an Open Face PB&J Plus fresh sliced strawberries.
We got a DOUBLE crop of strawberries here in NC this spring. Things were so warm that they planted early February then again when those ripened to yield TWO strawberry harvests this season.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
We got a DOUBLE crop of strawberries here in NC this spring. Things were so warm that they planted early February then again when those ripened to yield TWO strawberry harvests this season.
Two harvest of strawberries in one season sounds good except for early end to the cold weather.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
Today had some leftovers from one of my wife's homemade specials.
Cavatelli with Broccoli Rabe and Sausage covered with crushed red pepper flakes and Pecorino Romano cheese. :drool: I had to have a little Pellegrino to wash it down. Would have liked a glass of wine but I have to drive this afternoon.

crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Chicken salad sandwich, fritos, coke..

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
Being it was too windy to chase Tarpon with a fly rod today, we had lunch at La Niña in Marathon, Florida. It was amazing Cuban food!

We both had Cerdo Asado (roast pork), rice and beans, I had fried sweet Plantains, and Betsy had Yuka

WOW is all I can say, and we are serious food snobs

crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Last Memorial Day beef kabob with green beans from last night and a pack of noodles..

Dryheat

Putting on skis
Skier
The complimentary work catering says hamburgers...which aren't the best after a couple hours in a warming tray :(

Looks like I'll be looking forward to sous vide pork loin at home for dinner.

Jilly

Lead Cougar
Skier
I was at a funeral lunch today. Egg Salad, Tuna Salad, Salmon Salad, Ham and yes...Baloney too. Cheese, pickles, potato chips, the works. The church women's group put on the lunch.

The day before was better....Shoeless Joe's put on lunch for us volunteers at the Habitat for Humanity build. Salads and wraps!!

luliski

Out on the slopes
Skier
Homemade egg salad sandwich. Truckee Sourdough Bread Co. multi-grain bread, local fresh egg, local fresh tomato and Lemonaise.

crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Leftover pork chop in baked potato chunks with cheddar and American cheese..

crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Leftover El Gordo sandwich from Cuban Revolution. Massive Dagwood of ham, pork, swiss, mustard, and jalapenos..

Advertisement