• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
But we all know that at the end of the day its about the skier not the skis.

Cool! I'll leave mine home then, and we'll call it 'booting'. ogsmile

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Some interesting opinions around these parts. So a company makes a bunch of product, and it's a problem if the local retailer doesn't carry it all, or worse yet, they do. Hmmmm. Best I recall and last I looked, people ski all over the world. Each world region has it's own ski culture, history, geography, topography, and needs. And if 70% of the Volkl buying market are previous Volkl owners, then Volkl has lost it's way and should stop making race skis.... ok. If it's about raw sales figures, then all makers are wasting their time with race product. Screw it. Let's shut down the WC, USSA, etc...

And K2 no longer employees Glen Plake, the Mayers, and doesn't name their skis after a sponsored athlete, they're screwed. I'm waiting for the K2 Nickerson signature front side Rippenbleiber Ti üBergeschwindigkeitbegrandsung series, then they'll be back on track. I hear they're going to be made in the Shinola factory in Detroit by a workforce of vegan urban farmers, and all topsheets will be filled with PV cells so skis can be recycled into solar panel planks for micro grid power infrastructure.

Thanks for the morning chuckle! :roflmao:

In response to some of the comments here--So many choices amongst all the brands--is that a bad thing?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Dwight
    Practitioner of skiing, solid and liquid