• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What would you do if there was no more snow??

If outdoor skiing suddenly became 100% unavailable what would you do MOST instead of outdoor skiin

• Keep skiing and pay what it costs to ski indoors at the places that would certainly pop up all over.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Spend more time doing other outdoor activities to stay close to nature, biking, golf, etc

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Spend more time indoors at other activities or become a couch potato

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Other stuff.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ski outdoors on artifical surface

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Fear not, winter and snow is not going to disappear anytime soon, even by the worst doomsday scenarios. So, no need to discuss changing climate.

Just asking what would you do if outdoor snow skiing and temps that facilitate making snow suddenly went away without much warning at all?

Would you keep skiing and pay premiums to ski the indoor ski hills that would definitely be popping up all over the country?

Would you instead pursue other outdoor activities like biking and hiking, golf, etc to keep your activities closer to nature?

Would you just stay home more?

surfsnowgirl

Instructor
Skier
i would adapt and hope that the outdoor synthetic ski areas improve so that I can simulate the experience as best as possible. I would perhaps try to explore or do more of other outdoor activities but I'll never stop skiing so I'll do it any way I can.

TS
crgildart

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
i would adapt and hope that the outdoor synthetic ski areas improve so that I can simulate the experience as best as possible. I would perhaps try to explore or do more of other outdoor activities but I'll never stop skiing so I'll do it any way I can.
good point. Added ski outdoors on artificial surface to the poll. You can change your vote :)

SSSdave

life is short precious ...don't waste it
Skier
I live in the vast San Francisco Bay Area where there are endless possible things to do in this era. Far different than those that live in snowy mountain regions during winters. Despite living all my adult life here, there is a long list of well known tourist things I've never done. We human's live in an age with incredible possibilities that would make even royalty of ages past envious. Yet most barely appreciate such because our lens is the status quo and other people living in this same time.

epicentre

Putting on skis
Skier
Invent a weathermatic snowglobal recombobulator to fix the weather. Added bonus: powder days on dial.

Dakine

Far Out
Inactive
No snow, no problem...
ET Jibes  2.JPG

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January