• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What to do about raised binding holes on used skis?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Contrary to common belief. Mr. @mdf did not invent MDF.
TBH, I love MDF, really good stuff to work with. We used to go through pallets of the stuff. Yeah, Mr. @mdf is OK too.

IRL, Mr. @mdf is a closet rocket scientist. That shop is where he build the prototypes for Elon.

TS
mdf

mdf

entering the Big Couloir
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Im still curious about the answer.. lol

Well, that was fun. But a serious answer...
That isn't my place, it is where my son works. They design, build and install high-end trade show booths, announcement stages, etc, mostly for the tech industry.

dbostedo

Asst. Gathermeister
Contributor
SkiTalk Supporter
Well, that was fun. But a serious answer...
That isn't my place, it is where my son works. They design, build and install high-end trade show booths, announcement stages, etc, mostly for the tech industry.

Nice avatar.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Relieved to read that. @Tony S's post had me running outside to inhale the fumes from a couple more gallons of wood sealant just to clear my head. Kept trying to figure out how to apologize for the voodoo doll I made while trying to miter MDF baseboard.

Ahhhh, the old inside miter. That was one of the question I always ask when I was hiring carpenters. I was surprised how many didn't know the answer.

The answer is cope the inside miter. It's actually very simple. A 12" chop saw & a coping saw and you are all set to go.
In place of the hand coping saw, we usually used a full size jib saw with a Collins Foot. The new tiny 12v Bosch jig saw worked really well too. The Bosch T101AO is the perfect blade for the job.

BTW, trim work is much like sustainable bump skiing. Move slowly with deliberation and peace from within.

James

Out There
Instructor
Low density fiberboard is interesting.
Worked in a shop once where a guy was making a model of the Abigail Adams Smith house museum on East 61st st in Manhattan. That was farm country back in her lifetime.
He transferred a xerox of the stone facade to the ldf then carved out the stones.

KingGrump

Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Hmmm, Low Density Fiberboard.

Are you insinuating @mdf needs to go on a diet? I would posit if he went on a diet. He would not become LDF. He would just become a thinner version of the original MDF. Think 1/2" thick rather than 3/4". But if he takes up weight training, I think he would stand a good chance of become HDF (High Density Fiberboard). :D

Sponsor