• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What tire pressures do you run on your gravel bike?

Ron

Seeking the next best ski
SkiTalk Tester
you won't feel a huge difference especially if you are running the tires too high. I am using an assumption of a tire internal width of at least 25mm, I would use the same method @Tom K. described above. Start out at 24 rear 22 front. For riding on smooth trails this should be plenty of pressure. You can most likely go down from there. at 168# plus gear and water, with 40 internals, I rode at 20 rear 18 front with no issues and could go lower. YMMV of course but if you feel the tires bouncing on the trail when going over small rocks/roots you can lower the PSI. Some of this "feel" will affected by your fork & shock pressure/rebound/damping and especially sag. I would ensure those pressures are at or lower than the manufacturers recommendations and sag should be 20-30%. IMHO, most riders have too much tire pressure and too firm/fast of shock/fork settings. I seriously doubt anyone can dial in a suspension in 10 minutes but.... :).

there are a lot of articles but here's one

https://enduro-mtb.com/en/setup-guide-mtb-suspension/

Last edited:

Sponsor

Staff online