• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What this forum really needs is a "What skis should I get for my wife" thread

Budge

Booting up
Skier
My wife is currently skiing on some old 159 Salomon Siam 10 pilots (76 mm wide) that she has been quite happy with but they are getting a little tired. She is not interested in having a quiver and want one ski that she can use reasonably well all over the mountain. She is 5'4", 120 lb and likes bumps steeps and trees more than going fast on the groomers. I was thinking of something like the Black Pearls or the Total Joys. Does anyone have any suggestions.

David

TS
Budge

Budge

Booting up
Skier
British Columbia west coast and interior. We make annual trips to the Rockies: Sunshine and Lake Louise.,

Blue Streak

I like snow.
Skier
900x900px-LL-6b6cc9f8_IMG_0002.jpeg

TS
Budge

Budge

Booting up
Skier
Nice! The next question is whether you know a bootfitter who still works with leather boots.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
I'd just get mine the ones I want because she'll never use them :0

Tricia

The Velvet Hammer
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
My wife is currently skiing on some old 159 Salomon Siam 10 pilots (76 mm wide) that she has been quite happy with but they are getting a little tired. She is not interested in having a quiver and want one ski that she can use reasonably well all over the mountain. She is 5'4", 120 lb and likes bumps steeps and trees more than going fast on the groomers. I was thinking of something like the Black Pearls or the Total Joys. Does anyone have any suggestions.

David

British Columbia west coast and interior. We make annual trips to the Rockies: Sunshine and Lake Louise.,
Based on this criteria, I'd say you're on the right track with the Black Pearl or Total Joys.
The main difference between them is that the Total Joys will be a little more aggressive on groomers when groomers are the primary place to ski, but still get around most anywhere else on the mountain.
The Black Pearl will be more nimble and fun in all the conditions that you're describing for her but will still be fine when groomers are the place to ski.

James

Out There
Instructor
A Black Pearl is always a good choice. I've seen at least two people instantly get better when they got those. (One came off that dreaded Kastle plank I won't mention but if you screamed bmx88 I wouldn't say wrong)

But jeez, at this point couldn't you pick up a pair so cheap it leaves enough for a second pair and a pack of Viceroy smokes?

KingGrump

Most Interesting Man In The World
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
She did but finally relented and introduce me to skiing.
Maybe I am that good. :yahoo:

TS
Budge

Budge

Booting up
Skier
Thank you so much for the replies (all of them). We will try to find somewhere where we can give the Black Pearls and the Total Joys a try. I'm thinking that the Pearls will be the better fit based on your descriptions.

Thanks again.

Tom K.

Skier Ordinaire
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
She is not interested in having a quiver.....

David

Hmm. Suspect behavior in an ideal wife! Kidding, of course.

I think you're on the right track with the Pearls and Joys. Pearls maybe a bit "chargier" and Joys a little more playful, but I'll leave those comments for some actual women members.

Monique

bounceswoosh
Skier
Hmm. Suspect behavior in an ideal wife! Kidding, of course.

My husband would disagree! He wishes I were a OSQ type of gal!