• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What size for Rossignol sky 7

Adapt-Cannon

Booting up
Skier
Hi all. I am looking to add a wider ski to my quiver for trips out west and the rare powder day in the north east. I have found a used pair of Rossignol sky 7 skis. They are 180cm long.

I am 6’1 190# advanced skier. My question is will the 180 length be to short for that ski?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Hi all. I am looking to add a wider ski to my quiver for trips out west and the rare powder day in the north east. I have found a used pair of Rossignol sky 7 skis. They are 180cm long.

I am 6’1 190# advanced skier. My question is will the 180 length be to short for that ski?
Yeah...too short for you. You need the next size up.

tch

What do I know; I'm just some guy on the internet.
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yup, Phil's right again. I'm 170lbs and shorter and ski the 180 Super 7, which is from the same family. Perfect for me but not for you. The Super/Sky/Soul/Sin family has undergone some beefing up in recent years, but still not enough to carry you at that length.

TS
A

Adapt-Cannon

Booting up
Skier
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking they were to short for me and this confirms it.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Depending on the ski, but you will need something in the mid 180's for your size and what you are expecting the ski to do.

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Far better off on a different mid 180’s ski than even the 188cm Sky 7 for your size and needs. Something like an 185cm Enforcer 100 will be far more versatile when it’s not just “super soft snow skiing at slower speeds” like the Sky 7 would be. You actually get lots of use out of an Enforcer in crud filled afternoons and Spring skiing in the East as well as all over the mountain out West.

Lots of used or brand new deals on the Enforcer available even on 2020 versions with Fall sales currently on!

TS
A

Adapt-Cannon

Booting up
Skier
Thank you all for the replies. Would the head collective 105 in the 191 length be a possible option?

GregK

Skiing the powder
Skier
Thank you all for the replies. Would the head collective 105 in the 191 length be a possible option?

Had many pairs of the Head Flight series including the Collective 105 in 181cm(I’m 6’2”/175). A very stable ski that loves to carve at high speeds. Heavy skis with even heavier swing weight that we’re great for crud bashing but you could feel their heft when skiing bumps or jumping. The 191cm would be even more demanding and less fun at lower speeds. My Enforcer 104 Free in the 186cm are lighter, more playful and versatile at all speeds.

I’d still look for something more like the Enforcer 100 in the 185cm range which shouldn’t be too hard to find on deals too.

Sponsor

Staff online