• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Utah What resort from Evanston, WY

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Hi,

I have a friend with family in Evanston, WY. She wants to visit them and do some skiing with her kids. Beginner/intermediate skiing, small area is fine.

Powder Mountain and Snowbasin are closish, but maybe smaller areas I haven’t heard of. Any tips?

Question 2:
If it was Mid April, where would you recommend?

SpikeDog

You want Big Air, kid?
Skier
Pine Creek is about 1.5 hours north of Evanston, just east of Cokeville, WY. Pretty cool little mom and pop hill, only open on weekends. You'd have the hill to yourselves. I've been there on a Saturday when I was the first customer on the hill, a half hour after the lifts started. I don't think their season makes it to mid-April usually, however. Their calendar of events is empty in April.

http://www.pinecreekskiresort.com/

AmyPJ

Skiing the powder
SkiTalk Tester
SkiTalk Supporter
Mid-April? None of the above unless we get lucky.

wyowindrunner

Getting off the lift
Skier
Lived there years back. Seems like the Canyons were still open but was sloppy sticky in many places- it is only 40 minutes out though...

Shawn C.

Out on the slopes
Skier
Powder Mountain has Ben closing first week of April no matter what. Two years they closed on April 7th-ish with a ton of base left. Depressing.
Park City is very close but $$$ as you know.

jgiddyup

Asst. Gathermeister--Utah
Skier
That time of year whatever is open out of Alta/Brighton/Solitude. Mid winter Powder/Snowbasin/Beaver would be great but probably going to be a little sloppy that time of year. If they're paying window or near window rate for tickets then just check the weather a few days before as mid April storms are still possible.

Avoid Snowbird due to terrain difficulty.

TS
Slim

Slim

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Yeah, it was two separate questions:
Where if mid winter, and where if mid april

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January