• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

what length Brahma 88?

newlyn

Booting up
Skier
I have just about settled on buying a pair of Brahmas, but not quite sure what length to get. I am 5'10, 45 yo, 195 lbs, and started skiing again last year after a 15+ year hiatus. Equipment has obviously changed a lot in that time.
These will be exclusively east coast skis. I like to do a little bit of everything on the mountain (or at least try), including some lesser black diamonds, bombing down blues, trying my hand at moguls and glades, and some park time as well. I have demoed a bunch of skis and the two that felt alive under my feet were a pair of 166 cm Brahmas and Head V8's, which are obviously very different, but the Brahma's seem like they will be better one-ski quiver for me. I liked how well they handled icy conditions.

I can get leftover 2018/19 166's or 173's. While I liked the 166's I demoed, they are short for me if I follow the guidelines, so I am leaning towards the 173's. Perhaps there won't be much difference anyway.

Advice appreciated, and if you want to try to talk me out to the Brahmas, feel free.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Out of these two, 173 for sure.

TS
N

newlyn

Booting up
Skier
173 or 180.

I'd look at athe Enforcer 88/94 and Liberty E90 as well...

I'm curious, what leads you to suggest the Enforcer 88 compared with the Brahma? Looks like that might be a slightly more versatile option.

Sponsor

Staff online