• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
If you could build your three ski quiver but only get to choose one manufacturer, who would you choose and what would that quiver consist of?

DEstrada

Booting up
Skier
I'll play.

Nordica Dobermann GSR (non-FIS) - It's hard to beat a race ski for skiing hardpack.
Nordica NRGy 100 - Daily driver. I might replace that with the new Enforcer. I have not skied that yet.
Nordica Patron - It's a big ski that won't kick my butt.

Dennis

pais alto

me encanta el país alto
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I could be happy with either Blizzard or Black Diamond. My 3 ski quiver would be a mid-fat, a powder ski, and a touring ski. So:

Blizzard:
Bonafide, Bodacious, ZeroG 108

Black Diamond:
Boundary 100, Boundary 115, Carbon Convert

I could probably go with Nordica as well, based mostly on the love I read about here, but I'm just not familiar.

markojp

mtn rep for the gear on my feet
Industry Insider
Instructor
For one manufacture and three skis, I have to go with one I just mentioned in a different thread: Rossi Hero Master, E100, and Squad 7. Ironically, they're really the only skis in the Rossi line I like. Soul? E88? Meh. The three I like? Dampness, stability, relative versatility... they let me ski the way I want to ski. These three just stand out within the line for me.

Head has so many nice skis it's hard to narrow the list to three... impossible really. I could own an RD iSL, a Rebels iSpeed Pro, a Titan, a couple of Monsters, a Collective, and an A-star. Haven't skied on an A-star, but the dims seem right for the job.

Noridica? The new cheater GS ski is lovely, or a FA 84 EDT, and there's the Enforcer... Make a 115 Enforcer and we'd be there.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
For one manufacture and three skis, I have to go with one I just mentioned in a different thread: Rossi Hero Master, E100, and Squad 7. Ironically, they're really the only skis in the Rossi line I like. Soul? E88? Meh. The three I like? Dampness, stability, relative versatility... they let me ski the way I want to ski. These three just stand out within the line for me.

Head has so many nice skis it's hard to narrow the list to three... impossible really. I could own an RD iSL, a Rebels iSpeed Pro, a Titan, a couple of Monsters, a Collective, and an A-star. Haven't skied on an A-star, but the dims seem right for the job.

Noridica? The new cheater GS ski is lovely, or a FA 84 EDT, and there's the Enforcer... Make a 115 Enforcer and we'd be there.
Thats what gave me the idea for this thread. :thumb:
I will be coming with with mine pretty soon. So many choices. Many manufacturers have a solid two...but some that 3rd one is the toughie. :popcorn:

Eleeski

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I'm not sure I'd ever go with one manufacturer for entire range of a quiver. The resources, focus and philosophy needed to create a spectacular ski are so different between different skiing disciplines that I can't imagine one manufacturer doing three to my satisfaction.

Of course, if I am choosing between different manufacturers that would sponsor me and expect me to ride their skis everyday, that's a different question. Do I choose the best specialty ski or the best overall quiver? Personally, I like the indie skis for each different ski so I can't intelligently answer - until I get that sponsorship! Hopefully I could design my own ski for each ski with them.

Really, it's the skier not the ski. So go with the company you like and you'll be close enough to adapt and rock the mountain.

Eric

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
THREE pair of skis?! :eek:
Just 3 pairs :nono:
Really??? :huh:

Impossible I'd say.... ;)
OK..how about 3 pair from 7 manufacturers....21 skis should cover you for this season. ;)

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Thats what gave me the idea for this thread. :thumb:
I will be coming with with mine pretty soon. So many choices. Many manufacturers have a solid two...but some that 3rd one is the toughie. :popcorn:

Funny thing is I don't own any of the Rossis.

TS
Philpug

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Head:
Super shape Speed
Monster 88
Collective 105

Blizzard:
Latogo
Bonafide
Cochise

Scott:
Black Majic
The Ski (but 2nd year red one)
Punisher

Nordica:
FA80
Enforcer
Patron

Rossi:
Hero Master
E100
Squad

Stockli:
Laser SX
StormRider 88
StormRider 107

Kastle:
RX
MX88
BMX105

markojp

Industry Insider
Instructor
Head:
Rebels iSpeed Pro
Monster 88
Collective 105

Nordica:
FA84 EDT
Enforcer
Patron

Rossi:
Hero Master
E100
Squad

Kastle:
RX
MX98
BMX115

Great minds think almost alike. :beercheer:

Muleski

So much better than a pro
Inactive
Interesting thread. I think I could go with:

Head:
iSpeed
Monster88
Collective 105

Blizzard:
WRC
Bonafide
Bodacious

Nordica:
GSR, or maybe a FA84 EDT. {depends on where I'd be skiing}.
Enforcer
Helldorado

Beyond that, not enough time on other skis, though I have a favorite ski or two from other manufacturers. I'm sure that one could be real happy with Dynastar, Kastle, Rossi, Stockli. Heck, there are SO many great skis out there.

But, my actual group will now include three pairs of Heads…..all 88mm and under, three pairs of Blizz, all 98mm and wider, and a pair of very special pair of 191cm Stocklis.

I need to get on a Monster83 real soon, so that I can make a choice between them and Monster88 {which I have skied, and was very impressed with}. Split ski days between Maine and CO. Any intel on that ski, 184cm, is much appreciated.

Alexzn

Ski Squaw
Skier
Kastle:
RX
MX98
BMX 105 or 115

DPS
Cassiar 85
Wailer 105
Wailer 112RP or even Lotus

Blizzard:
WC SL
Bonafide
Bodacious (shorter than I would instinctively go )

Stockli
Laser AR
Stormrider 95
Stormrider Pro115

I am very intrigued by the new Head line and I'd love to test the Monster 98(95?) this year. Seems like a poor men's version of Kastle MX98. Head carver I tested was awesome, which is not surprising given their race presence. Kastle and Head are made in the same factory, which again, is a good thing.

Across brands quiver:
WC SL 168
Kastle MX98 184 (or Blizzard Bonafide for a lot less $$$)
Stormrider Pro115 185 or whatever short length they make it. 192 was a fun ski, but a beast...

Last edited:

Jake M

AKA Gunnerbob
Skier
I like that strong, smooth, damp feel on skis. Budget won't cover Kastle or Stockli, so I've gone with:

Head

-Supershape Speed
-Monster 88
-Collective 105

Currently have 2 of the 3, will likely unload my Rossi E98 to get the M88.

crgildart

Gravity Slave
Skier
Except for NASTAR....

Bumps, park, and all mountain:
K2:
Cabrawler for skinny in a 179-can carve really well
P.E. 80mm version in a 179-can carve pretty well
Pinnacle 95 in a 191.-fresh snow, leftovers, and slush..

Carving, hardback groomed..
Head:
iWorldcup Supershape - tight stuff and crowds
Worldcup RebeliSpeed - cheater, NASTAR, moderate to high speed cruising.
Rev 85 Pro in a 184

Powder.??.. would be nice to need something for those conditions, but I rarely ski them. Will just keep the old Elan M999s for that if I ever need something for that.

Scruffy

Making fresh tracks
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
Kastle:

FX84
FX94
FX104

Blizzard:
Latogo
Bonafide
Cochise