• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

What is your "go to" comfort food?

Philpug

Notorious P.U.G.
Admin
SkiTalk Tester
Lately @Tricia has been craving my pastina & eggs in the morning. It is a breakfast that I grew up on as a child.

A fine pasta mixed with eggs and parm cheese. I am sure a dish that @dean_spirito and @Ron also had as a child
IMG_1029.JPG

Other comfort foods of mine...

Matzo Brei, another peasant breakfast
Matzo Ball Soup that I do a pretty good job of making.

@Tricia makes a mean mac & cheese and I know skiing guests love her sausage gravy & biscuits when they visit.

Started at 53

Making fresh tracks
Skier
My homemade enchiladas, nothing better.

I make them in batches of 18-20 and then vacuum pack and freeze them in 2's and 3's for later consumption. Vacuum packing makes them taste Iike they were cooked the same day even if they have been in the freezer for 6-8 months.

Cheizz

AKA Gigiski
Skier
Penne Bolognese is my absolute favorite. But a good Nasi Goreng (Indonesian fried rice) is a close second (my partents lived in Indonesia in the '70s, so as a kid, I was used to getting the stuff for breakfast, like they do overthere).

Reactions: Ron

Don in Morrison

I Ski Better on Retro Day
Skier
Home made mac and cheese. Take a 9x12 baking dish, put in a thin layer of cooked noodles, add a layer of chunks of colby-jack, another layer of noodles, another layer of cheese chunks, add a cup of milk and bake it.

I always have 2nds, 3rds, etc. I keep eating until I'm really comfortable.

Chris Walker

Ullr Is Lord
Skier
For me, nothing beats Taiwanese beef noodle soup, or 牛肉麵 (Niú ròu miàn)
niuroumien.jpg

I've found a couple places in the states that come close.

at_nyc

Getting off the lift
Pass Pulled
I don't usually do breakfast. Though on skiing days, I'll eat whatever is available because I NEED IT.

After skiing, biking, hiking, kayaking (you get the idea), I love to have noodle soup. Whatever kind, Japaness raman, Vietnamess, Chinese... any of them will do just fine.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
Hmmmmm -- penne arabiatta, shio-wontanmen, chicken biryani, grilled cheese sandwich & chicken noodle soup, shrimp cocktail, pizza, cheeseburger & fries (real cheeseburger, no fast-food or 'gourmet' crap), sushi, yakitori. I'd say I have at least three from that list in any given week, though I only do burgers occasionally these days.

Jim McDonald

愛スキー
Skier
That's cheating :nono:

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I do a lot of cooking so I appreciate it when other people cook a nice meal. I'll take Mom's clam chowder, pot roast, or roast beef with mashed potatoes over just about anything except my bbq brisket hash with eggs over easy.

Last edited: