• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

CalG

Out on the slopes
Pass Pulled
I instruct my valet to have the grilled pineapple ready when I get off the lift.

It is just so easily consumed from the wooden spears, even with ski gloves on.

A real fruit energy boost as well!

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
fireball-bottle.jpg

James

Out There
Instructor
Chocolate is the universal snack preferred by skiers around the globe. Heh, at least here and in Europe.
Quality chocolate is always preferred, but cold and outside most is fine. Rolos are very good trash candy.
IMG_5738.JPG

Save time and garbage. Try not to eat by the handful:
IMG_5739.JPG

Kids generally like Starburst, but when cold can pull teeth out if not consumed properly. Somehow they manage...

Those eating Gummi Bears should try:

IMG_5736.JPG

IMG_5737.PNG

They cost a small fortune so you won't eat as many. Not sure if they make a non organic version.

It was the tourist area in Boston by the Cheers place suuuuuuch a bummer, I was so excited!
Uhhh...should have used a lifeline for lobster roll info. That's like going to Kansas Beef country and eating at McD's.

Viking9

Out on the slopes
Skier
I know!!
What a dumbass right ??
I’m just a guy from So Cal , I should know about these things.
BTW my traveling candy when skiing is the Bighunk, they never go bad !

James

Out There
Instructor
I know!!
What a dumbass right ??
I’m just a guy from So Cal , I should know about these things.
BTW my traveling candy when skiing is the Bighunk, they never go bad !
Yeah well like 15 years ago I did something like that. I had driven up to Maine. I was coming back going to nyc. So I figured I'll buy fresh Maine Lobster in Portland which is very south. I get 3 lobsters with ice and seaweed in a foam shipping cooler. It was summer, and really hot. Daytime. It's a good 6 hr trip if traffic doesn't get really bad. Of course, it did. The ac in the car barely worked. By the time I got to a friends for dinner, two of the lobsters were barely alive, the third was, if a human, legally brain dead. We cooked them up anyway. Not too bad I guess, I just wanted it to be over.

The whole thing was completely pointless. One could purchase perfectly healthy live Maine lobsters in nyc!

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
:nono:

Tony S

I have a confusion to make ...
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
Grapefruit-Honey is the flavor for Stingers, btw. But you are right about the pricing.

trailtrimmer

Stuck in the Flatlands
Skier
Just be sure to throw it in the trash when done. Our son and us parents have collected dozens and dozens on the ground under the lifts through the years.

If you knew how many gel packs and bike/nordic/run related pieces of trash I’ve removed from the woods while doing trail work or just riding, you probably wouldn’t have said anything. Or if you knew I fill the back of my pickup with trash at least twice a summer from filthy camp sites left on the state land that surrounds me, well you probably wouldn’t have said that.

Having an adult beverage doesn’t make you a trash human, being a trash human does.

On more fun/useful note. Typical resort day is huge breakfast in the morning, only one cup of coffee.

Fig newtons and a clif Bar or ERG Bar in the pocket for lunch break. Only have to acquire a quick water or low sugar sports drink real quick instead of waiting in a food line. I always keep a couple clif crumblies for the whiskey jacks at the harmony chair at whistler.

Loading in too much food at lunch weighs me down and wastes too much time. Chair/line snacks are best.

And I pocket my wrapper. ;)

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
If you knew how many gel packs and bike/nordic/run related pieces of trash I’ve removed from the woods while doing trail work or just riding, you probably wouldn’t have said anything. Or if you knew I fill the back of my pickup with trash at least twice a summer from filthy camp sites left on the state land that surrounds me, well you probably wouldn’t have said that.

Having an adult beverage doesn’t make you a trash human, being a trash human does.

On more fun/useful note. Typical resort day is huge breakfast in the morning, only one cup of coffee.

Fig newtons and a clif Bar or ERG Bar in the pocket for lunch break. Only have to acquire a quick water or low sugar sports drink real quick instead of waiting in a food line. I always keep a couple clif crumblies for the whiskey jacks at the harmony chair at whistler.

Loading in too much food at lunch weighs me down and wastes too much time. Chair/line snacks are best.

And I pocket my wrapper. ;)

Oh, we know and didn't assume that you littered. Its just seems to be the one bottle they collect the most of.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
If you like that - you might like this - we love them. My friends company - full disclosure - he just sponsored us - well its a small one though a start.. If you use code "ALBA" on checkout - its $10 off your first purchase. Arshad, started the company as his son is autistic and they realized that by giving him a low sugar and plant based diet, it actually helped his son. Having had a child with disabilities and challenges, we know that diet made a BIG difference. Anyway, great family and great company. You will like their stuff for sure.

https://www.amritahealthfoods.com/

That bar is our favorite and its not sweet - well sweet is totally subjective.

Chocolate-Chip-Coconut_Box_A_2000x-Edited_800x.png

Wolfski

Getting on the lift
Skier
Water, Homemade Granola Bars, Snickers. After a good breakfast we do not stop for lunch, we stop to eat our snacks, bathroom etc. No booze during skiing but more than make up for it after, with more snacks of course.

Lobster Roll??? :micdrop:

coskigirl

Skiing the powder
Skier
SkiTalk Supporter
I rode up the lift today with a kid eating broken up uncooked ramen noodles. I can't decide how I feel about this but the idea of a savory and crunch snack that isn't nuts that won't be ground to dust in a pocket intrigues me.

Sponsor