• For more information on how to avoid pop-up ads and still support SkiTalk click HERE.

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
A friend of mine convinced me as I aged to stop eating licorice as it reduced your testosterone levels. Then again you have to probably consume like that WHOLE bag... So, going to try those out.

Oh it takes a couple days to down a whole bag. Of course my other option if any are left after Christmas are Chicken Bones

Attachments

• cknbones.png
    cknbones.png
    65.6 KB · Views: 5

Wilhelmson

Making fresh tracks
Skier
I get really tired of sweet protein and energy bars so my favorite are Epic Bars, especially the lamb ones. I did just pick up one of their date based energy bars, the lemon oil one but haven't eaten it yet.

https://epicbar.com/

I'll probably stick with the leftover beef teriyaki for now. Maybe someday I'll start with the wild boar bar, but then I might as well have some leftover spare ribs.

BLspruce2

Getting on the lift
Skier
Basically processed food or bars are not great for you but in a pinch, Clif Bars are convenient and can give you that extra energy any time of the day. Multiple flavors to satisfy most people and they don't freeze too hard to eat even if kept in an outside pocket.

Uncle-A

In the words of Paul Simon "You can call me Al"
Skier
I do not normally snack on the chair. But one of the guys I ski with from time to time likes to bring bite size chunks of pepperoni and he will share some with me. Also a friend of the family worked for the "Kind" company so she has started me snacking on Kind Bars, but not on the chair.

ella_g

Getting off the lift
Skier
Our big issue with snacks is they freeze, nothing more tragic than being hungry and gnawing on a frozen whatever. New strategy -- one extra hand warmer in snack pocket, but it has to be something that doesn't melt, so we usually go with pbj in tin foil. We've had plenty of kids w allergies to whatever ski w us so you can sub out bread for gf bread, sun butter for pb, etc etc. I had a bad stretch of eating atomic fire balls while skiing. Just not a good idea on so many levels.

David Chaus

Beyond Help
Skier
Team Gathermeister
SkiTalk Supporter
F9E20DEA-1D24-4F75-9ECD-8490EA34D990.jpeg

Rx Bar’s are really good, practically a meal by itself.

79533748-4DF4-4E8B-991F-B91CB39E2FC8.png

I use the Cliff Bloks when my blood sugar crashes. Honey stinger gummis are also good but the packaging of the Cliff Shot Bloks stores better in a jacket pocket. I prefer those both to gel packs (Honey stinger, Cliff Shot, Hammer Gel) as they leave a sticky mess and I have to deal with that until I can locate a trash receptacle. Because I won’t litter.

TS
Alba Adventures

Alba Adventures

Getting on the lift
Skier
I do not normally snack on the chair. But one of the guys I ski with from time to time likes to bring bite size chunks of pepperoni and he will share some with me. Also a friend of the family worked for the "Kind" company so she has started me snacking on Kind Bars, but not on the chair.

Nevada LOVES pepperoni! Almost as much as cookies.

Novaloafah

Should've paid attention to that lesson.
Skier
Never heard of that! Chicken bones.. Like actual chicken bones..
Naah. Candy hear in the Maritimes, normally a Christmas treat, but I'm an addict. Ask my partner in crime to never buy a large bag but any leftovers after Christmas go in my stash bag for skiing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/chicken-bones-candy-ganong-st-stephen-1.4454303

Although I see a place in Idaho makes a chicken bone candy saying they've done it for 90 years. Who knew?

Sponsor

Staff online

• Andy Mink
    Everyone loves spring skiing but not in January